News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Gt 350H Valve Covers

Started by messmoremh, April 10, 2019, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

messmoremh

SFM6S1489
SJ Build date 24 March, Shelby ship date 09 April '66. These are my original valve covers. Solid letters, no paint. with fangs. (at least I believe they are original).  They have a few small cracks, one pretty good crack, repaired with permatex and also some warping.
Opinion, please. 1) Does anyone weld, repair them or 2) does anyone make a reproduction that is Concours (or close) to the original. Don't believe I want paint on any new ones...
many thanks for help!!!
6S1489

GT350Lad

Speak to Jim at Shelby parts and Restorations, see what he says 

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: messmoremh on April 10, 2019, 05:02:44 PM
SFM6S1489
SJ Build date 24 March, Shelby ship date 09 April '66. These are my original valve covers. Solid letters, no paint. with fangs. (at least I believe they are original).  They have a few small cracks, one pretty good crack, repaired with permatex and also some warping.
Opinion, please. 1) Does anyone weld, repair them or 2) does anyone make a reproduction that is Concours (or close) to the original. Don't believe I want paint on any new ones...
many thanks for help!!!
The new ones that Scott Drake sells has the fangs and are extremely close to the originals. Get them from Virginia Mustang who is a contributor on this forum. They were black wrinkle painted originally and that is how they are sold. If you prefer bare diecast you will have to strip them (chemically so as not to disturb the finish)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby