News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Over the counter wood steering wheel

Started by 67 GT350, April 09, 2019, 08:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Can anyone post a exploded view of the horn button and all its parts? I have a metal disc, 2 springs, (light and heavy), the plastic with the emblem and thats it. I will get better pictures of the center.
RARE  Signature Delete

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

GT350DAVE

There was an over the counter wheel that had a horn button setup like you describe. There was one additional piece and that was the metal piece with 3 prongs that holds the plastic lense in place.
The wheels with this horn button arrangement were a problem. The springs could shift and cause a dead short to the steering shaft. Many did just that and the manufacturer adapted the horn button that JD posted for future wheels.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

67 GT350

Not sure you can use a "factory" steering wheel set up on it. The over the counter version is much different. It almost looks like they relied on the flat round disc to touch the two rings thus blow the horn. Anyway, I will post my exploded view later tonight.
RARE  Signature Delete

GT350DAVE

After issues became apparent the top of the hub was redesigned by Secura to adapt the same horn button as used on the EFFPI wheel. The wheel you have was no longer available after that. I have some experience with the version you have and cherry red hot springs after it shorts. I wouldn't use it.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

1967 eight barrel

The horn button JD posted is different from what you have. JD posted the Shelby wheel type. If you still need help, PM me. I know the OTC style you have well. I'll also explain about checking the insulators as well.

-Keith

67 GT350

Here is what I have. Not sure how to assemble it and not sure how it fits?
RARE  Signature Delete

1967 eight barrel

I can assist, just not with a pictorial tutorial. I need to see the inside of the horn cap. Can you take a picture of the inside? I need to make sure you have all of it.

-Keith