News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Questions from a newbie

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, May 18, 2019, 12:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

There is an undercarriage article was posted on this site and CMF also

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=929.msg6979#msg6979
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 28, 2019, 01:02:30 PM
as an FYI, my car was built 6/13/69 at Dearborn.  Based on this, if there are any nuances that would help me, I would appreciate it.

Your car (been a long thread so can't recall its current condition) will be your best guide for many details if it hasn't been played with too much. Since there are so many details you might want to break down the questions by area as going through the whole car at one time will be confusing, very very long and there is a greater chance  to miss something.

If the car has not already been redone once or more check what color the main floor was as well as the front wheel wells and frame rails.  You will need this for later
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 28, 2019, 01:02:30 PM
as an FYI, my car was built 6/13/69 at Dearborn.  Based on this, if there are any nuances that would help me, I would appreciate it.
you saw in my prior pic how my car was sprayed in that dark charcoal black batch paint mixture with the red overspray on the ribs. May 6 build. My friend's original paint 69 Boss 429 survivor is different than mine. His built in April. Dependent on batch paint colors and how the sprayers on the line were working all make for very unique undersides in my opinion. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)