Author Topic: A proposed class for those cars... not so concours...  (Read 13954 times)

427heaven

• View Profile
Re: A proposed class for those cars... not so concours...
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »
My 6s 409 got a fantastic stereo system, from a stereo shop next to Galpin ford , got some nice 500 cfm competition carters at Service center down the street, and then got some turbo mufflers at Super Shops down the street from there. In the 1970s these cars were just throw away used up Hot Rods,but we loved them just the same, and loved showing off what we had. I still enjoy anything vintage that takes me back to that time frame. ;D

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 09:36:47 PM »
My 6s 409 got a fantastic stereo system, from a stereo shop next to Galpin ford , got some nice 500 cfm competition carters at Service center down the street, and then got some turbo mufflers at Super Shops down the street from there. In the 1970s these cars were just throw away used up Hot Rods,but we loved them just the same, and loved showing off what we had. I still enjoy anything vintage that takes me back to that time frame. ;D

Yeah man!  Mad Man Muntz's stereo shop was next door to Galpin Ford.
Rock on!
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 09:37:46 PM »
If you can listen to stereo in your Shelby, your exhaust sucks! Haven't heard my radio in the '66 for decades as the each time I tried the speaker paper ripped. I am just relegated to a good dual point downbeat with solid lifter accents and tail pipe harmony. 8)

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 09:50:52 PM »
To make matters worse... Or better- depending how you see things, I installed a full boogie 69 boss 302 and 4 speed. My car was one of the first 66 automatics and everywhere I took it, everyone said that aint a real SHELBY everyone knows they came with 4 speeds. :-[ That did it in went the cool drivetrain and the rest is history. A rockin stereo for those times with your sweetie, or your rock and roll buddies, and the roar of Turbo mufflers with side exiting pipes to get your man groove on. ;)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »
If you can listen to stereo in your Shelby, your exhaust sucks! Haven't heard my radio in the '66 for decades as the each time I tried the speaker paper ripped. I am just relegated to a good dual point downbeat with solid lifter accents and tail pipe harmony. 8)

What about when you are at the submarine races?    ;D

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2019, 03:19:45 AM »

What about when you are at the submarine races?    ;D
[/quote]
Just take the 1977 Dodge "Shaggin' Wagon" with the tie dye t-shirt seat covers and 8 track sound machine for that adventure. ;D

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:30 AM »
To make matters worse... Or better- depending how you see things, I installed a full boogie 69 boss 302 and 4 speed. My car was one of the first 66 automatics and everywhere I took it, everyone said that aint a real SHELBY everyone knows they came with 4 speeds. :-[ That did it in went the cool drivetrain and the rest is history. A rockin stereo for those times with your sweetie, or your rock and roll buddies, and the roar of Turbo mufflers with side exiting pipes to get your man groove on. ;)

That’s a nice combination but what are “mufflers?”....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2019, 09:12:04 AM »
That’s a nice combination but what are “mufflers?”....

I think that is what people in cold regions wrap around their necks... ;D   ::)

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

69bosssvt

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »
Well,my car has a cassette deck in it now,would I get more points for an 8 track???(because I have one in my closet) Do I get extra points for the 6x9 speakers that a pot cut out the rear interior panels for? I already have a hurst shifter in it but will a novelty shift knob up my point total?  :o

Sparkomatic power booster with pioneer TS-X9 speakers sitting on the rear shelf...sliding around at every curve in the road...
Do it now...sometimes "LATER" becomes "NEVER"....

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2019, 06:19:24 PM »
since no one has proposed a name for this prestigious class, may we offer the following name ;  Shelbys meant to be driven, CS class...
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy