News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 GT350 on Chasing Classic Cars

Started by Dkutz, April 10, 2019, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dkutz

Anyone see the CCC episode tonight with the 65 GT350?

1967 eight barrel

Nope. I took the Shelby out for a ride.
                                                   -Keith

Bigfoot

I clicked the "info" button for 8pm and it said Packard and I went straight to the channel with COPS.
What did we miss?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

pchmotoho

Quote from: Bigfoot on April 11, 2019, 06:27:13 AM
I clicked the "info" button for 8pm and it said Packard and I went straight to the channel with COPS.
What did we miss?

Thanks for the info.  Ill make sure not to delete it upon seeing Packard.  White trailer trash family disputes are more interesting than Packards. 

kingchief

I watched it. The car was 5S150, ex-Tasca Ford car that the owner [actually family] said had been restored some 18+ years ago when the father had purchased the car.  The WAYNE had been contacted by the late owner's family to assist in the selling of the car.  The WAYNE said it was a stripe delete car.  Currently had 2x4 bbl carb with manifold on the car.  Owner had car presented with torque flite mags but had the original K/H steel wheels in boxes. B/W T-10M not in the car either as was the rear end [suppose it was the original Detroit Locker].  They showed the T-10 that would have to be rebuilt.  Owner had installed a more useful rear end they said but had the original. All parts in boxes. The WAYNE drove it around and it sounded GOOD and started right up.

I did not watch the entire show as I was tired and fell asleep!!!  Recorded it though so don't know the outcome. 
Nice looking ride.

Steve
SFM 6S406

NC TRACKRAT

I watched the show as well.  Car had an all fiberglass (non-porthole) hood which may or may not have been original to the car. During the ride, car was solid and smooth, no vibration.  Carini left, promising to do research and get back to the family with estimate of what it would bring.  Props to the deceased owner who saved everything that he took off the car.
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on April 10, 2019, 11:01:54 PM
Nope. I took the Shelby out for a ride.
                                                   -Keith

+ 1
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: Dkutz on April 10, 2019, 10:44:41 PM
Anyone see the CCC episode tonight with the 65 GT350?

Yes, its good to be famous people call you all the time with these opportunities

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bigfoot on April 11, 2019, 06:27:13 AM
What did we miss?

Yes it happens all the time, that's why I tune in then either watch or change

I have all UNGOLD cars

Cobra Ned

The story on 5S150 was left unfinished, which means there should be more to come in a later episode. Wayne's not stupid, and he won't let the chance to acquire or assist in selling a '65 GT350 escape. Stay tuned...

427heaven

The only thing I don't like with that show , you never know what he pays for those cars. Im sure profit margins are up there, so he is living proof that auctions are the way to go for him and others to sell their cars. He does do private sales but has better results from the auctions or he would not do it. Good business man. ;)

acman63

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on April 11, 2019, 08:18:46 AM
I watched the show as well.  Car had an all fiberglass (non-porthole) hood which may or may not have been original to the car. During the ride, car was solid and smooth, no vibration.  Carini left, promising to do research and get back to the family with estimate of what it would bring.  Props to the deceased owner who saved everything that he took off the car.

That hood was not original to anything.  65 or 66   
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Dkutz

To my untrained eye the car was missing a few things. including the tail light panel GT350 badge.  It looked like many of the original parts were saved in boxes in the garage, but who knows.  The engine had the dual carb setup which obviously was not correct, but maybe the parts are there.  Without a complete inspection who knows.  But its an original car, that you don't have to be afraid to drive and enjoy.

It will be interesting to see if they bring it back in a future episode.

427heaven

If any of us were presented with the opportunity to purchase a SHELBY but was missing a few parts like badging or intake set up would we run away from it? I would not, but maybe that's just the Wayne Carini in me coming out. ;)

FL SAAC

+ 1

Quote from: 427heaven on April 11, 2019, 12:29:57 PM
If any of us were presented with the opportunity to purchase a SHELBY but was missing a few parts like badging or intake set up would we run away from it? I would not, but maybe that's just the Wayne Carini in me coming out. ;)

I have all UNGOLD cars