News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

I found parts and dont know exactly what they are Shelby GT500 1967 + 427 parts

Started by Kent, April 12, 2019, 04:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I would think that they should be of approximately the same dollar value. The 427 part may be more valuable since it seems to be scarcer? There is no "book" on part values. Asking prices are not necessarily what they sell for but those transactions are private and you can't write a spread sheet on values or recent sales.

I see quite a few C7ZX manifolds for sale on ebay. I rarely see the 427 part.

Sell one. Buy the other. There is a solution.

Show the 427 part in Concours with a '67 GT500, get a points deduction.

The engines were both assembled by Ford. Ford assigned the parts to either engine. The argument, if there is one, is with Ford.

The question has been answered several times here in this thread. Is there still an outstanding question? Not to me.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

j427

C7ZX-67 GT 500
Intake with no Numbers- 66 427 fairlane
C7AE-67 427 Fairlane.

gt350hr

I'll see if I can obtain a copy of the original Ford blueprints for the two manifolds. These were probably engineered with XE numbers since they were production based manifolds and those prints are a bit tougher to obtain. While several of my retired Ford engineer friends have passed on , the information can still be had with the help of those who haven't.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

Quote from: j427 on May 07, 2019, 02:30:51 PM
C7ZX-67 GT 500
C7AE-67 427 Fairlane.

I agree with your outline, but is reasonable to believe that perhaps the "No-Numbers" unit may also have appeared on early '67's until the C7AE units appearing later in the production cycle; as this "story" has been presented to me previously?     ???

And no, I wasn't there (on assembly line in 1967), so this is not a statement of fact on my part, just always asking of anyone who maybe knows.    :)

Scott.

Oh, don't forget the Comet guys, even as few as there are.     ;)

Kent

Can somebody verfiy this? Was it maybe the change in april/may where several parts changed on the 1967?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

shelbydoug

Quote from: Kent on May 09, 2019, 04:09:16 AM
Can somebody verfiy this? Was it maybe the change in april/may where several parts changed on the 1967?

I've been around this for 50 years and I can't ever remember anyone mentioning a 427 intake on any production '67 GT500 instead of the C7ZX manifold?

There were never mentions of a production line shortage, etc.

So many of these cars had checkered pasts and have been brought back from the dead that it is more likely that at some point a car was parted out and a new owner did their best at finding  "the best available parts".

When they bottomed out price wise, it wasn't unusual to find one for sale for $500 to $800.

Finding a C7ZX intake is actually one of the easier parts to find as opposed to things like a date coded block, a thermostat housing or even a bell.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pbf777

Quote from: pbf777 on May 08, 2019, 12:00:51 PM
Quote from: j427 on May 07, 2019, 02:30:51 PM
C7ZX-67 GT 500
C7AE-67 427 Fairlane.

I agree with your outline, but is reasonable to believe that perhaps the "No-Numbers" unit may also have appeared on early '67's until the C7AE units appearing later in the production cycle; as this "story" has been presented to me previously?     ???

Scott.     

Sorry, as I may have created some confusion, as I was not clear in my statement; I was referring to the relationship of the "No-Number" & the "C7AE" intakes as installed on the Fairlanes.   

And I am not at odds with the belief that the C7ZX intake was developed for the 428 engine for the '67 Shelby's, obviously with the modification of the casting (hence the different casting number) to provide the appropriate gasket sealing surface area.     :)     

Scott.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on May 09, 2019, 04:09:16 AM
I believe J427 was talking about a change in Fairlane production and not Shelby. 67 GT500's used the C7ZX intake.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Was there some kind of a space/time continuum that happened which crossed over 427 Fairlanes into Shelby discussions? Wow. Talk about me being out of sync and confused? I'm going to push the reset button. Maybe that will help me some? :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pbf777

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 14, 2019, 05:15:10 PM
Was there some kind of a space/time continuum that happened which crossed over 427 Fairlanes into Shelby discussions? Wow. Talk about me being out of sync and confused? I'm going to push the reset button. Maybe that will help me some? :o

Please allow me to perhaps be of some assistance. From the original poster of this thread:

Quote from: Kent on April 12, 2019, 04:27:04 AM
Hello I need some help to verify what kind of parts I have and if they are original.....................

Also, thread subject title: "I found parts and don't know exactly what they are...................

Sometimes one must return to the beginning for answers.      :)

But, yes I apologize, I did waver and allowed a Fairlane inquiry in the course. Just thought I could sneak it in there and nobody would notice, but-nooo! OK, my Bad!!!  I promise I won't do it again!  Please not twenty lashes!   :-[

Scott.

shelbydoug

Quote from: pbf777 on May 15, 2019, 12:46:55 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on May 14, 2019, 05:15:10 PM

Please allow me to perhaps be of some assistance. From the original poster of this thread:

Quote from: Kent on April 12, 2019, 04:27:04 AM
Hello I need some help to verify what kind of parts I have and if they are original.....................

Also, thread subject title: "I found parts and don't know exactly what they are...................

Sometimes one must return to the beginning for answers.      :)

But, yes I apologize, I did waver and allowed a Fairlane inquiry in the course. Just thought I could sneak it in there and nobody would notice, but-nooo! OK, my Bad!!!  I promise I won't do it again!  Please not twenty lashes!   :-[

Scott.

It's OK. No harm done. Just old timers like me get confused easily. I keep tying my shoes but the right one keeps coming undone? See. Confusion.

As Commander Spock is fond of saying, "there are always possibilities".

Post pictures. Pictures help. Even if they don't, they are fun to look at?  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pbf777

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 15, 2019, 01:51:35 PM
Just old timers like me get confused easily. I keep tying my shoes but the right one keeps coming undone? See. Confusion.

It's those dog-gone Chinese shoe laces, defective crap, cause I have the same problem, ............... and I know it's not me, cause I never had such trouble with my old Keds!    :o

Scott.

shelbydoug

Quote from: pbf777 on May 15, 2019, 06:22:01 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on May 15, 2019, 01:51:35 PM
Just old timers like me get confused easily. I keep tying my shoes but the right one keeps coming undone? See. Confusion.

It's those dog-gone Chinese shoe laces, defective crap, cause I have the same problem, ............... and I know it's not me, cause I never had such trouble with my old Keds!    :o

Scott.

But it's only the right one?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pbf777

Do you also tend to walk in circles?    ::)

Scott.

You don't need to answer if you don't want to, ...........it's O.K..       :)