News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

I’ll bet you haven’t see one of these for sale before.

Started by BGlover67, April 12, 2019, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Not mine (I sure hope you would all guess that by now), found on Craig's List

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/d/hubertus-1962-ford-mustang-concept/6853846117.html

1962 Ford Mustang I Concept Fiberglass Mold - $20000

1962 Mustang I Concept Fiberglass Mold.
My Father bought the mold back in the mid to late 60s in Detroit. Had it shipped home. And it's been in his garage ever since then. So if you would like to build a piece of history of the Mustang I hear you go.
$20,000 obo. CASH

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

tesgt350

I saw that a couple weeks ago, I am surprised no one has snapped that up yet. That should be in the Ford Museum but, only after making a couple hundred Bodies of course.

BGlover67

Yes, but is it related to the original, or was it an amateurish attempt at copying it?  Huge difference. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

Quote from: BGlover67 on April 12, 2019, 09:25:43 AM
Yes, but is it related to the original, or was it an amateurish attempt at copying it?  Huge difference.

That's the question 4 sur
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

If I remember the original was aluminum - and very small. A kit would be a lot of work molds for interior, suspension design, BUT....mid engine FWD Focus RS would be fun. NOW the hardest part of all permission from Ford legal to sell replicas. I personally know they have had recent requests about this car and it wasn't promising at making it a viable financial endeavor.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

hemanns

Very interesting video below tells a lot more how they made the car.

According to the video, after the clay model was made they made a plaster mold to put fiberglass on to make the fiberglass body form. Then it was shipped to California where aluminum panels were made to match the fiberglass body form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=EkBI_z0h_DM