News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

vent window glass frames

Started by Dunerider777, April 15, 2019, 11:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunerider777

Redoing the vent window frames and wanted to find out if anybody knows somewhere or somebody that can put new pivot blocks on my original frames. The stainless frames are in excellent shape but the pivot blocks that go up into the outer frame are in poor share.
Thank you.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Dunerider777 on April 15, 2019, 11:57:21 AM
Redoing the vent window frames and wanted to find out if anybody knows somewhere or somebody that can put new pivot blocks on my original frames. The stainless frames are in excellent shape but the pivot blocks that go up into the outer frame are in poor share.
Thank you.
A tough issue that has no clear solution in restoring the originals. I have seen some that try and touch up with chrome paint ,I seen some that chrome plate the entire assembly pivot and frame . Nether solve the problem by looking even close to original IMO. The main problem seems to be successfully re attaching the pivot once it is rechromed . That is only first in difficulty compared to getting someone to replate that small diecast pivot piece properly . The time and money spent in pursuit of the effort one can typically more then justify the 250-350.00 ea  NOS ones bring. Of course those NOS ones are getting harder to find all of the time. Just what I have seen. Others may have a different perspective. In any event I hope someone comes up with a better solution.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby