Author Topic: History Wanted for 6S1348  (Read 1798 times)

SFM6S1348

• View Profile
History Wanted for 6S1348
« on: April 09, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
I am upgrading my cars information for the new upcoming 1966 Registry. My car is  6S1348 and I have owned it for about 40 years. The 2011 SAAC Registry turns out is not correct about the original owner of this car. He appears to have owned a different car so we do not know at this time who first bought 1348 in 1966.
The car was originally shipped by Shelby on 4/7/1966 to Henderson Ford,  Ann Arbor, Michigan. The second owner, Patrick Brady ( AKA Pat Brady Racing Ent.) showed an address of Plymouth, MI. The third owner is Lawrence Oswald of San Diego, CA. Do you know of any information about this cars early years ownership from 1966 to 1971. Do you know or know of the original owner or either of the past owners or their racing with the car.  I would be very appreciative.

Thank you in advance,

Les Lawrence
6S1348
leslawrence@cox.net

...found 6S1348 after a full year of searching. It was in a garage I passed every day on the way to work. I looked at cars in front yards, back yards, storage garages, in fields, and under trees. I found a 65 that had hit a tree and was bent all the way to the back...

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: History Wanted for 6S1348
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 03:25:33 PM »
Great pic Les, thanks for sharing!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Tinface

• Only an intellectual could say something so stupid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 09:57:37 PM »
Yes, I owned it—but never went on title. I totaled it early on—Bad wreck so I had it rebodied in  Tijuana in 1967 . The motor blew a rod out the side so I installed a re-stamped block before I auctioned it with all the other cars like just that.

Just kidding. I love the color and the fact that it doesn’t have stripes if it didn’t have them when originally sold. Very nice.

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 07:43:35 AM »
BTW, if you have any info to add to the 1966 GT350 Registry I suggest you send it immediately. I hear they are running ahead of schedule. It may already be to late to get into the new edition.

Steve

SFM6S1348

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »
Thanks for the reminder of the 1966 GT350 Registry. I have everything in, I think. I have been in contact with Howard and that's how it was discovered about the original owner. When the supposed first owner filled out his original paper work for some reason he put the wrong 6Sxxxx number down. After some searching his contact information was located but he is in the other world now driving his car down the road. The original owner was "unknown and became "known" and now it is back to "unknown". At least I am still the known last owner for now..
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 02:21:51 PM by SFM6S1348 »
...found 6S1348 after a full year of searching. It was in a garage I passed every day on the way to work. I looked at cars in front yards, back yards, storage garages, in fields, and under trees. I found a 65 that had hit a tree and was bent all the way to the back...