News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Nose Panel grill area carriage bolt quantity

Started by Corey Bowcutt, April 16, 2019, 08:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I have a question about the number of ¼-20 X ¾" carriage bolts in the grill area for mounting the nose panel on my 1968 GT350.  I purchased a hardware kit from AMK for the nose panel and it came with 3 carriage bolts.  I looked on thecoralsnake.com and Pete mentions there are 3 painted head carriage bolts in this grill opening.  But as you can see in the picture I have 5 carriage bolts, 2 on each side and one in the middle.  Has anyone ever seen this or is it just something a PO added for some unknown reason sometime over the past 50 years?

Thank you, Corey

KR500

Cory
I have never seen the carriage bolts there. Just the three, one center one each side outboard, except on a few early cars with a one piece nose.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

shelbydoug

I've got 5. One center(sort of centered). Two each side.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

KR500

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 16, 2019, 09:04:20 AM
Shelbydoug.
In the center panel ( the two bolts on sides ) or the headlamp panels like Cory's car?
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake

Corey Bowcutt

I presumed from my research that 3 is normal but I was wondering if folks ever see 5 like mine?  Shelbydoug so does yours look like mine?

Coralsnake

The headlight bucket has a normal tendency to sit high in that front corner, I would guess it was added by a PO

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you Pete.  That is what I suspected just did not know why someone would do that.  You shed some light on a very plausible reason.

shelbydoug

Quote from: KR500 on April 16, 2019, 09:12:31 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on April 16, 2019, 09:04:20 AM
Shelbydoug.
In the center panel ( the two bolts on sides ) or the headlamp panels like Cory's car?

Mine is like Corey's.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Rbwiii