News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Pookie has been to the rubber stamp shop

Started by acman63, April 16, 2019, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350hr

Honorable mention goes to the $24 used air cleaner wing nut seller. I am secretly hoarding them as a part of my retirement program. I'll be worth millions!
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Wedgeman

I have been noticing lately that he has a lot of..." or best offer ".... on his auctions.....&.. his descriptions have become rather...condensed?.. ::)

gt350hr

He was adding "do your homework" to his ads but I think too many people DID do just that. I think the Feds should be called in . This is no different than a retailer selling counterfit parts. With an orange suit on Pookie might get his "reward".
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

1967 eight barrel

Well, it's across state lines. It constitutes mail fraud as welll. It could get ugly depending on who is involved.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on April 18, 2019, 11:49:48 AM
mustangmasters428 is Florida Freddy Sleffel .
and he has a guy on Facebook pushing his parts on many Ford Mustang groups. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

CSX 4133

Someone with excellent computer skills should make a "wanted poster" of sorts with these two clowns faces on it. Just leave off any reference to a reward, and make it read Avoid At All Cost.

1967 eight barrel

Mustang Masters blocked me for asking questions. He's another joke. Bill Herndon also was putting  fake parts out at one time. 

1967 eight barrel

Freddie should have went to jail.  From a legal standpoint if you forcefully take possession of another individual's property in the manner he did it's assault.  Also the fact that he and his cohorts encircled the man as a form of intimidation is also a crime.
I would have stood my ground and refused to relinquish the rim.  MM has misrepresented items many times.
What has become the norm for some vendors is to word the description to include information that isn't relevant to the component but makes it appear to fit that application. 
I think what surprised me about the Mustang Masters segment is the fact a couple idiots defended him because they didn't have an issue with a purchase.  Then Freddy decided to justify assault, intimidation and theft by hiding behind religion and his "good deeds". What a crock of crap. I am straight up with people. I am religious as well but my behavior doesn't end when I walk out of the church. I am human, I err. I am not perfect. I apologize when I am wrong. Not so in this case.
He should have offered to send the man a comparable rim for 95.00 and an apology. Freddie wasn't doing anything that didn't benefit him. It says it all.
It's just that the parts have dried up, these people are loosing their bread and butter as many reproductions make it harder to sell many items that used to command big money in any condition as they were unobtainable otherwise.

I should have kept some of the messages sent to me from Mustang Masters and Pookie AKA TheRoadCars and what ever alias he has used on Ebay.  I have the more recent ones about him claiming a 427 damper is correct for a 1967 GT500.
The listing is still up.
Pony Warehouse has a 428 PI damper up, which is claimed to be in pristine condition, yet the timing information was wiped off the damper probably from the sway bar as we've seen a few times.
Of course there isn't a word about this fact in the listing.  This is what it has come down to. Buyers have to be savvy because many sellers have zero scruples and the quality original parts are far and few between.

67 GT350

WOW, I am new to the scene and at first I though all this mention about this clown was in joking, but now I see this is serious...Sounds like a bad ombre!
RARE  Signature Delete

69mach351w

Quote from: Frankie on April 27, 2019, 12:51:14 PM
WOW, I am new to the scene and at first I though all this mention about this clown was in joking, but now I see this is serious...Sounds like a bad ombre!
Pookie is a Joke!!

MM is a Crook.

Most everybody here, 428 Forum and CMF all know these people from what I've read.

shelbymann1970

The Freddie Employee on FB has answered many who have  inquire looking for parts with incorrect mismatched parts for what I considered over top dollar.  Usually it is mismatched Shaker assemblies he said are correct. I usually comment but the employee never admits it is incorrect. Again, buyer beware. I wonder how often some of these sellers sell part repo shaker assemblies as originals since Mario's bases used for shaker assys are really correct.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

69mach351w

Quote from: gt350hr on April 19, 2019, 10:47:06 AM
Honorable mention goes to the $27 used air cleaner wing nut seller. I am secretly hoarding them as a part of my retirement program. I'll be worth millions!
   Randy
I'd say even the "Uninformed" look at the $27 wing nut and say HOLY SH*# :o