News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

C8OE 6015 A block J code 302 block .040 over

Started by 428kid, April 18, 2019, 04:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

428kid

Comes as pictured with block and 2M crank. I got this from a friend, who had gotten it from a deceased friend . He said  that it was a fresh .040 over block never ran. I took it to the machine shop after I purchased it . It mags and they said that it is .040 and never has been ran. The machine shop did say because the oil galley plugs where installed, and not knowing if they had taken them out or not. He recommend to remove them and clean there and reinstall new ones. Just because we don't know if that was done when it was bored or not. Any way when I got it it had a thick coating of cosmoline in the cylinders and the lifter bores. I cleaned that out and put some fluid film on them. Bores look good only two little dark spots, cant hardly even feel them , and they may hone out I didn't check. Block is dated 7M4 and has a partial vin of 129429 stamped on it. This is a nice block, but I want everyone to know everything about it that I see as I always try and represent everything just like it was me that was buying it. SOLD  shipping is on the buyer or local pickup. I can ship it via Fastenal as there is one local.

428kid