Author Topic: Marti report info vs. SAAC info?  (Read 3518 times)

68stangcjfb

• SAAC Member
  • Long Island New York
    • View Profile
Marti report info vs. SAAC info?
« on: April 19, 2019, 01:26:30 AM »
Is there any information in a Marti report that is not in the files of the cars known to the SAAC or vice versa? If an owner has a Marti report on their car, would the SAAC like a copy for their files if the owner is willing to share it? Just wondering. This obviously pertains to '67 and newer cars only. Also, does Marti have reports for '67 427 cobras?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:31:52 AM by 68stangcjfb »
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

Mongo

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
Re: Marti report info vs. SAAC info?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:18:22 AM »
As The "assistant" to vinman for the 1968-69-70 Shelby Registry files and I am sure he would like to view a copy of The Marti report to help verify all data that SAAC has. And we have picked up some info that The "factory" info SAAC has did not show!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 07:50:10 AM »
Its always good to share....there are a few dates on there SAAC may not have and they might have something you enjoy as well.

I always chuckle when I see the Elite reports, because I feel like some good have made the same presentation for less than half of what they paid for it. I am not really keen on having extra warranty plates floating around either

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »
The scheduled build date on my Deluxe Marti report does not match the date on my original warranty plate on my driver's door.   Just wondering if there are other areas where the Marti doesn't match the actual car's information. 

Hey_jude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 01:45:41 PM »
I have a similar situation. The Marti report listed #2196 with a different axle gear ratio than the standard vin decoder and the registry lists the convertible top as black but the Marti report as White. Which would likely be correct?
Follower of Jesus, Grateful Caretaker of #2196 and amateur car photographer.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »
I have a similar situation. The Marti report listed #2196 with a different axle gear ratio than the standard vin decoder and the registry lists the convertible top as black but the Marti report as White. Which would likely be correct?

The top color should be on the buck tag and the rear code on the warranty tag on the door. It may not be Marti's fault.

I can tell you that mistakes were made and for a lack of a better term "covered up" in the Ford records. The official records don't always match what was built. Marti has Ford's records, mistakes and all.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 04:20:06 PM »
A standard vin decoder is likely giving you a Mustang code. Shelby codes are different for rear axles.

With regards to a convertible top, first, we need to look at the buck tag to see if has been replaced?