News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Online Shop for Mustang/ Shelby Parts

Started by Kent, April 20, 2019, 05:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Hello it seems harder than some years ago to find good shops for Mustang Parts 65-70

I always ordered a lot over Mustangs Unlimited but it seems like they have not a lot in stock anymore. So I tried Mustangdepot and fall on my face with opening a money back case over paypal because they dont reply to my mails, didn´t send the ordered parts etc. 705$ order.

So where can I order my mustang parts and who has the largest stock and the best quality?

I think its important that they carry a lot of parts with good quality which are in stock and a a reasonable price always helps.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

CHOPPERS

At first, I wasn't a fan of NPD, but they seem to have a lot in stock, they have warehouses strategically placed around the country, they have been expanding their offerings, and when I talk to the parts guy/girl, they pretty much know what they are talking about. I have also mentioned, more than once, that I found a lower price, they match it.

TedS

Virginia Classic Mustang has been great for me. Quality is good if not above average, service is good, price will be competitive if not better. For me, there has only been one instance where they didn't have the part in stock.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Regards
Ted

CSX 4133

Quote from: TedS on April 20, 2019, 06:49:13 AM
Virginia Classic Mustang has been great for me. Quality is good if not above average, service is good, price will be competitive if not better. For me, there has only been one instance where they didn't have the part in stock.

Regards
Ted

+1, I've ordered thru VCM and have been very satisfied with the small items I've ordered, fast shipping is a plus.

propayne

I've had great experience with NPD  -  ordered lots of stuff over the past few years.

And don't forget about Don Rush and West Coast Classic Cougar.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com

They carry some unique stuff and are extremely knowledgeable.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: TedS on April 20, 2019, 06:49:13 AM

Regards
Ted

+2!  Brant and team are fantastic.  I use them exclusively for anything they stock.
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Kent

Thanks for the input, sounds good I had contact with wcc and npd and yes they are all good guys. Sad that mustangdepot never replied, paypal transfered my 705$ back to my credit card now. And @ Mustangsunlimited it looks like there is nothing in stock really. I really had some nice business with them and the parts always satisfied me.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

TOBKOB

QuoteAnd @ Mustangsunlimited it looks like there is nothing in stock really. I really had some nice business with them and the parts always satisfied me.

I don't know the details but I read that Mustangs Unlimited closed their GA store a while back.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Rocket

Bad experience with NPD years ago  Now it's Virginia Classic Mustang, or Dallas Mustang for me. Brant at Virginia Classic Mustang is super, and they have great parts. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

1967 eight barrel

Well, I have been dealing with NPD and the service has been stellar, until the last year. NPD has more in stock than anyone.
I had a very bad experience with the female at Virginia Mustang. First order, and likely my last.
If you make a mistake, have the fortitude to make it right and accept responsibility.

-Keith

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: Rocket on April 23, 2019, 10:04:14 AM
Bad experience with NPD years ago  Now it's Virginia Classic Mustang, or Dallas Mustang for me. Brant at Virginia Classic Mustang is super, and they have great parts. Ron
+1, haven't had any issues with them
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

cboss70

I always used Mustangs Unl. in Manchester CT because it was local and I could inspect sheet metal etc. I recently went there with a list of over 30 items for various cars and they had about 5 items (bolt sets). They didn't have any sheet metal I needed which was shocking because they always had that in stock. I was told some brands may not come in for over two months and had no firm eta's. If you order anything that's backordered I would use a credit card in case the business run's into problems. Its been my go to for decades so very disappointing and hope things can turn around (maybe send their customer service people to training).  Going to try a large order at CJ Pony parts and see what happens (free shipping, good prices and seem to stock a lot).   

1967 eight barrel

Quote from: cboss70 on April 23, 2019, 01:55:52 PM
I always used Mustangs Unl. in Manchester CT because it was local and I could inspect sheet metal etc. I recently went there with a list of over 30 items for various cars and they had about 5 items (bolt sets). They didn't have any sheet metal I needed which was shocking because they always had that in stock. I was told some brands may not come in for over two months and had no firm eta's. If you order anything that's back ordered I would use a credit card in case the business run's into problems. Its been my go to for decades so very disappointing and hope things can turn around (maybe send their customer service people to training).  Going to try a large order at CJ Pony parts and see what happens (free shipping, good prices and seem to stock a lot).
You may have noted that they closed their Georgia warehouse a few months back too. Why anyone would retreat to CT is beyond me with the taxes and ridiculous regulation. I get the idea they are going the way of The Paddock, Year One and a few others. I have been to NPD in my travels a few times when I was on the KDFW-KMCO leg. Wade and Molly are good people at the Ocala Florida location. The warehouse is incredible size-wise and inventory is massive. The only thing they have ever drop-shipped to me was a wire clip for the back up light on my top loader.
                                                                                  -Keith

TOBKOB

QuoteI have been to NPD in my travels a few times when I was on the KDFW-KMCO leg. Wade and Molly are good people at the Ocala Florida location. The warehouse is incredible size-wise and inventory is massive

And quite a large car collection in the back for a bonus.  ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970