Author Topic: Online Shop for Mustang/ Shelby Parts  (Read 4157 times)

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Online Shop for Mustang/ Shelby Parts
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 09:34:36 PM »
Have done well with Virginia Classic Mustangs, NPD, and CJ Pony.  Decision is based on particular item, shipping costs (no one gives free shipping to Hawaii, so sales on parts helps), and the time needed to get the part.  Only poor quality has been from Larrys T-Bird and Mustang since they relocated in CA and possibly changed ownership.  Once they were were great many years ago. But in last decade,  I have had to return, at own expense, many parts that had been bulk ordered to save shipping costs. Finally gave up as replacements were just as bad. 

NPD has been great for large heavy parts from CA location.  Excellent service. 

Unfortunately, any liquids (paint, oils, batteries, lubes) cannot be shipped here due to air cargo restrictions and hassle to get stuff sent surface. And not all desired items available by a local vendor.  Fed Ex and UPS will send "surface" but it comes by air from west coast, and while cheaper rate, may take an extra few days over air shipment.  USPS best for small stuff as rates are same for all 50 states.   8)

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »
Virginia Mustang has been my top spot since 1986.

If I need something the next day, I will use NPD occasionally.

I have used Branda on occasion.

I have always had great experiences with Jim Cowles at Shelby Parts and Restoration

Brant at Virginia can't be beat...great high quality products with a lot of knowledge behind them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:14:30 PM by 1690 »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 09:40:09 PM »
Also, I have used in a limted way: Jim at Shelby Parts and Restoration and Tony Branda for Shelby specialty stuff. 8)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 03:06:05 AM »
Very true, TOB. I finally got pictures of an untouched 33,000 car that was immaculate. I had been seeking information for some time. Seeing the rare option in place I finally figured it out.

-Keith

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 07:00:05 AM »
Brant from Virgina classic made few items special for the early GT 350 , some parts the would never been produced with out his dedication because it's impossible to get money back on those , won't sale enough , but he did , i m gratefull for that , and he always advise for the best parts ,and he's SAAC Member , so always buying from him and jim for the same reasons.

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 08:32:14 AM »
Hello it seems harder than some years ago to find good shops for Mustang Parts 65-70

I always ordered a lot over Mustangs Unlimited but it seems like they have not a lot in stock anymore. So I tried Mustangdepot and fall on my face with opening a money back case over paypal because they dont reply to my mails, didnīt send the ordered parts etc. 705$ order.

So where can I order my mustang parts and who has the largest stock and the best quality?

I think its important that they carry a lot of parts with good quality which are in stock and a a reasonable price always helps.

Hi Kent -- I'd love for you to give CJ's a shot! We currently have a sale running for 10% off; code is on the home page. If you have any questions about products in particular, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to take care of you.

https://www.cjponyparts.com

Thanks,
Chris
CJPonyParts.com
Office: 1-800-888-6473

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 05:41:24 PM »
Hi Chris yes I did some orders at cj pony and I was at your store 2 times some years ago, the problem is the shipping costs to germany.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68