Author Topic: Any advice on parts?  (Read 1620 times)

Chewy

• View Profile
Any advice on parts?
« on: April 22, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »
Hello!  I’m looking for an original pair of 66 GT350 HiPo Cylinder Heads.  Are these still out there somewhere or would I need to go with new and would that count against the car once restoration is finished?  Thanks  :)

davez

• View Profile
Re: Any advice on parts?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
What dates are you looking for? Do you care if they have had porting done to them or not?

Chewy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:32:51 AM »
They are for a carryover, so for a 65 engine. If they are available still want to find those with correct stamping, would go with porting if all else matches and unavailable without porting.  Hope that makes sense. New to the restoration side.  Thanks for replying!

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:08:01 PM »
Figure out (plenty of help here) what date range would likely be best for your specific car, then post a wanted ad in that section of this site. SOme guys will find a good set of heads that are reasonable and then try and swap them for better dated ones for their particular project.

Good luck with the search
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 02:11:27 PM »
Might be selling or trading a virgin set.
Coded late 65 or early 66 left over.

have not been ruined by porting, milling etc.
Studs, fulcroms, rockers, adjuster nuts, springs, valves,  flat valve spring keepers etc, all original.
May trade off for other hipo parts.
I value these at $2100.
motorcarinvestments@gmail.com
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

SFM6S087

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 02:37:55 AM »
Chewy,

Welcome to the forum! I know two carryovers with 5D28 and one with 5D27, so something in that general area is probably appropriate for your car if you’re looking for date codes. I can poll a few owners and see if any other dates show up if you’d like.

Proper date codes aren't a necessity for a nice "driver" car, but are important if you're trying to do a "correct" restoration and should add some value if/when you sell the car. If you're restoring your car and have to buy heads anyway, it's worth the effort to try to get the correct date codes if possible.

In case you weren’t aware, there’s a Carryover Owners Group. Here’s a link to their web site:
www.CarryoverGT350.com

Contact me if you’d like to join. Send a PM or find my email in my user profile. It’s completely unofficial with no rules, dues or officers. Just good fun and shared info among owners. The “Unique Features” page on the web site is largely a result of research within that group.

Steve