News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

5S190 - For Sale

Started by silverton_ford, April 25, 2019, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Not mine.  I came across this website of 5S190 For Sale.

https://www.65shelbygt350forsale.com/

'This beautiful GT350 has had a 5-year complete nut and bolt comprehensive rotisserie restoration to ISCA Concours level, that has been documented with photos throughout the process. Restoration was completed in  March 2019.'

What is the ISCA?

chris NOS

i don't know but it's not SAAC standard for respect of the originality , but still a nice car even if not correct ,it looks like the craftsmanship is top notch.
too bad spending so much energy and money and not having it done assembly line correct ,but some other can think differently ...

tesgt350

Correct Wimbledon White Exterior PPG DBC Deltron

•PPG DCU  High Solids Clear coat

Clear Coat?  Is that considered correct?

68countrysedan

ISCA is International Show Car Association.

chris NOS

Quote from: tesgt350 on April 25, 2019, 12:26:07 PM
Correct Wimbledon White Exterior PPG DBC Deltron

•PPG DCU  High Solids Clear coat

Clear Coat?  Is that considered correct?

Correct "wimbledon white " ...we 've been debated about clear coat  and more factory correct paint on the past here , for me if it's wearing orange peal like it was in 65 it's ok to be clear coated .
it looks like this car was a fantastic one to start with for a top resto ' ! it's more the under carriage that 's missing the most the over spray and paint on the right parts of the unibody ...

mgreene

Quote from: 2112 on April 25, 2019, 12:14:13 PM
'This beautiful GT350 has had a 5-year complete nut and bolt comprehensive rotisserie restoration to ISCA Concours level, that has been documented with photos throughout the process. Restoration was completed in  March 2019.'

What is the ISCA?

International Show Car Association is one acronym - I think they used to put on the World of Wheels shows.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

Dkutz

original brake shoes??!!  doesn't sound safe.

shouldn't the hood hinges be Phosphate and oil?

No over spray on the undercarriage??

Does it come with the steel wheels in the original pictures, sounds like those are getting harder and harder to find.

camp upshur

This is a very nice car done to a high standard, 'overspray notwithstanding'.
There are some inconsistencies like the wheels, lots is NOS replacement parts, and formerly being raced which usually means many of the original parts were rightfully tossed.
But still a nice piece.

BTW my original velvatouch shoes weren't half worn at 200k miles, and yes they were working!

6s2020

"It is powered by matching numbers Hi-Po 289ci/306hp engine and aluminum case T-10 4 speed manual transmission. The overall look and sound of the factory side exiting exhaust just in front of the correct Blue Dot tires mounted on the Optional Original Restored Cragar Shelby wheels is unmistakable."

Must have taken the original motor out and stored it during its B Production days , or someone has had the number punch set out.??  :o

Or they mean date code correct ?

Duncan66

Seriously....date code correct would simply mean the block casting number is correct? and could have come from any ordinary 289 of that casting date, or period? does he claim the K code number is stamped on the block?

Brant

Quote from: J_Speegle on April 25, 2019, 04:41:24 PM
Many may remember the car from a SAAC convention in CA in its prerestoration form. Believe there was a thread or two on Forum #1. It was in the parkign lot on a black flatbed trailer. Had painted wheels on it in the front and Americans at the rear at that time and what appears to be a Boss 302 between the shock towers

There was or is a U-tube video of the car (before the restoration) out there. Sorry didn't save the link. One of those barn find sorts of things.

I think that you may have this car confused with 5S109.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

camp upshur

edit:
Apologies to all. I misidentified the number of this car initially.
The correct serial number is SFM5S109.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: camp upshur on May 03, 2019, 11:33:18 AM
SFM5S162

Are you sure on that number?  Just going off the top of my head, I thought Brant owns 162, which is concours condition.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

Quote from: Brant on May 03, 2019, 09:01:01 AM
Quote from: J_Speegle on April 25, 2019, 04:41:24 PM
Many may remember the car from a SAAC convention in CA in its prerestoration form. Believe there was a thread or two on Forum #1. It was in the parkign lot on a black flatbed trailer. Had painted wheels on it in the front and Americans at the rear at that time and what appears to be a Boss 302 between the shock towers

There was or is a U-tube video of the car (before the restoration) out there. Sorry didn't save the link. One of those barn find sorts of things.

I think that you may have this car confused with 5S109.

Yes - did and thanks. Removed the original post since I transposed the digits   ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge