News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What’s your thoughts on Bronze cars?

Started by BGlover67, April 29, 2019, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmustang

I have two gold fastbacks in my stock for sale. Both excellent cars at their price points. Can't sell them for love nor money

Only colour worse is yellow for resale

Everyone says the same..."thought I would hate it but better in person" then they buy another colour car

JD

Here is a photo I took of an original bronze car that was being disassembled for restoration.  It had been repainted at some point but not fully taken apart, the color hidden under the upper side scoop is what the original '67 Bronze is really supposed to look like.

The repaint was a darker richer color.  The original color faded after a few years probably didn't look too good.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Harris Speedster

Rich,
Medium grey it is, silver comes to my mind though.

JD, I wonder if that is the Emberglow color they used in 66 ?
Kind of Bronze looking.

No, was not a 67 I looked at that was yellow, it was a 66 gt350
Knock off wheels, cobra G meter, R cage, sound deadened delete>> and more.

After 26 years, I thought it may have surfaced.
Respectfully submitted,
john
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

stangman39

I know someone who has been looking for a 67 390 FB in burnt amber.
I told him he will be looking for awhile!

roddster

Bronze, lime/gold, brittany blue, silver all seemed to me to "fade" down to a non glossy finish with less than ten years...back in the day.  Unless it was a extraordinary car that was little used and kept out of the sun.  Seems this was a paint supplier issue or an applicator induced issue.  And, for the most part, most of these cars where daily drivers back in the day.
  All these colors look good.  Bronze is attractive.  But, is that due to its small abount of cars painted that color?
  Emberglow:  More to the orange side of the color, not the same.

Bigfoot

Based on JD's photo the color is much more of a sand or light Gold
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

mark p

I like them.
My sister had a gold Mustang coupe back in the 70s, and we bought the Emberglo T-bird.
(Sorry for the bad Mustang photo, scanning a 40 year-old instamatic camera print is apparently not the best  ???)

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

mark p

Thanks (all). that color did it for me, this one is # 1485 of the limited edition "Special Landau" models  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

Side-Oilers

Love your T-Bird.  All of the bronze/Emberglo type colors make me fondly think of the mid-1960s. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Bigfoot

I love the Emnerglo. Always wanted that color on something.
I think the Bronze is much flatter.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Stillakid54

Agree with all above, beautiful T bird!
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

mark p

Thanks guys, I maintain that Embergo [in the sun] really stands out  8)

... and I suppose this helps explain why I also really like the Number 4 LeMans GT40 in 1966 (Hawkins/Donahue)  8)

Richstang

If anyone knows the whereabouts of car #00152 please let us know!
We really need to see the VIN tag to confirm the paint color code, which we assume is '1' for Bronze Metallic.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar