News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What’s your thoughts on Bronze cars?

Started by BGlover67, April 29, 2019, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1967 eight barrel

20 sequenually after and it WAS Lime Green. GAH!

^^^^You addressed the stance! Looks fantastic!   8)

Richstang

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on May 01, 2019, 04:35:12 PM
20 sequenually after and it WAS Lime Green. GAH!

172 was white from the factory...did you mean the one before that?

That GT500 looks tough with those 17" (?) inch wheels and the lowered stance. I bet it handles great on the curves.
Is that a custom shade of blue. I looks like a nice deep color.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

1967 eight barrel

Yes, the one prior vehicle. No scoop lamps either. ( I wished it did have the lamps. I am in that gap.)  It's medium blue. It's overcast in the picture, which makes it appear darker. The color really flip-flops in different lighting.
Yes, they are the Scott Drake 17X7 and 17X8 10 spokes. Rubber is very limited in 15", which is the reason I elected to change.
It has the Arning drop, 1" front bar, 5/8" rear. Global West 630lb front, Boss trans am rear @175lb rate, KYB dressed as Koni shocks and original traction masters. The bars were chromed.  I am not overwhelmingly happy with the brake system and am considering a conversion in the front to the Trans am brake. 12" brakes. 
I want it to look like factory brakes.
                                                                      -Keith

Richstang

Thanks, that number makes more sense. I think the last car with the upper scoop lights might be #158 (#176 the prototype doesn't count).

I can see the color changing. The above photo looks like an overcast day make it appear darker. I think you've posted a rear view on a bright day that look much brighter. The changing color keep it interesting. I can see why you upgraded to 17's. You still keep the basic stock looking wheel but have so many more tire choices. Well done with the mods to make it to your tastes.
8) 
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Tired Sheep

Drake wheels= china= no way on my car

1967 eight barrel

Well, more things than not for our hobby are made over-seas. However, being I have my OE rims and have a direct comparison they Drake rims are very stoutly made. What I also like about them is the cone shape looks right. The vintage wheels are almost flat-faced. Don't turn your nose up so quickly. If they were thin and the beads didn't look good I wouldn't have bought them. I actually ordered one. Then the other four. 
The offset works well too. I am able to get 245-45 front and 255-40 in the rear with a lowered vehicle.  With 512hp and 496lb Tq I need all the traction help I can get.
Here a couple more pictures. I don't think I've ever done a full posting.