News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

'67 Mercury Cougar Bud Moore Trans Am Replica

Started by CSX 4133, April 30, 2019, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX 4133

For a replica it seems to be well done, with some tweaks it could possibly be run in vintage races or just enjoyed in street version.

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1478793940/1478793940la.htm

Bigfoot

I have seen a very similar tribute vehicle at almost all the Conventions I have attended.  Same car?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

propayne

There are several and most of them use my reproduction decals, but not this one.

Don't believe I've seen it before.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

mark p

I've seen the 3-Dog Cougar at a few conventions... but was under the impression that it is the real deal(?)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

propayne

From what I understand, the Ross Myers/3 Dog Garage BME Cougar was rebuilt from the remains of what was Tiny Lund's BME Cougar that Ross purchased from "Tiger" Tom Pistone and is considered by various vintage racing sanctioning bodies to be legit.

I would like to see 3 Dog go back through it and paint it the correct factory Cardinal Red along with correcting some of the decals.

- Phillip

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

gt350hr

Quote from: propayne on May 01, 2019, 08:06:38 AM
From what I understand, the Ross Myers/3 Dog Garage BME Cougar was rebuilt from the remains of what was Tiny Lund's BME Cougar that Ross purchased from "Tiger" Tom Pistone and is considered by various vintage racing sanctioning bodies to be legit.

I would like to see 3 Dog go back through it and paint it the correct factory Cardinal Red along with correcting some of the decals.

- Phillip

+1 Legit . Paper trail is good. Phillip as you know I have a major amount of BME paperwork and one of the 289 engine build sheets clearly states "went with the car Tiny got". There are two others that note "went with the car Reid got". Sounds like Tiny got one and Reid got two cars (or two motors).
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

camp upshur

67. Were they running C6FE cylinder heads? Curious to know cam timing if willing to share.
Thx
Steve

CSX 4133

This car is literally ten miles from me here in E. Tennessee and I've never seen it.

Krelboyne

Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

gt350hr

Quote from: camp upshur on May 01, 2019, 10:54:15 AM

67. Were they running C6FE cylinder heads? Curious to know cam timing if willing to share.
Thx
Steve

Yes C6FE heads.  I have the actual Ford engine assembly "book" for those engines. The majority of the build sheets ( and freshen ups) list the C7FE cam.  Some list others but they were specials with lobe separation changes.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

propayne

The Ross Myers/3 Dog Garage BME Cougar and the ex David Tom BME Cougar are two different Cougars. The Cougar in the Hemmings link above is the David Tom Cougar.

I recreated the decals for the David Tom Cougar and last I heard it is currently in the Miller Motorsports Museum collection.

- Phillip

gt350shelb

Quote from: Krelboyne on May 01, 2019, 12:19:25 PM
This should be the 3 Dog car, but, when back when David Tom had it.
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/the-sign-of-the-cat-1967-mercury-cougar/

dave tom never owned the 3 dog car  / that link is not ross M car
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Krelboyne

Quote from: gt350shelb on May 02, 2019, 12:34:57 PM
Quote from: Krelboyne on May 01, 2019, 12:19:25 PM
This should be the 3 Dog car, but, when back when David Tom had it.
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/the-sign-of-the-cat-1967-mercury-cougar/

dave tom never owned the 3 dog car  / that link is not ross M car
Are both cars claiming to be the #98 Cougar TA? I was under the impression from David Tom, that his #98 was legit. I have met with him a couple of times at shows. His car has a unique placement of the roll bar, from the other Bud Moore cars.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC