Author Topic: instrument cluster restoration  (Read 6412 times)

1967 eight barrel

Re: instrument cluster restoration
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 04:31:25 PM »
I have the early version as well. I bought them about 10 years ago.  I had bought his complete kit but I wasn't happy with it. That's when I elected to have all the OE plastic and the pot metal vent control re-plated and use his inserts. 
                                                                                                                   -Keith

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »
  Its a little "too bad" Burtons seems to stopped selling or making the early car door metal panels.  Unless I don't know the secret code, they where not shown on line a few years back

T-Bone68

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2019, 11:10:17 AM »
  Its a little "too bad" Burtons seems to stopped selling or making the early car door metal panels.  Unless I don't know the secret code, they where not shown on line a few years back

With Burton, never hurts to call them.  Nice as can be and maybe can accommodate what you want if you describe it to them.  I wanted their deluxe dash set for a tribute I’m building.  Said “Out of stock” for almost a year.  After a couple rounds of returning Dynacorn bezels with the brush marks the wrong direction, finally called and asked if it would return to stock soon.  They said we can do that now and don’t always update their web site.  Also offered a few options that weren’t on the web site.  Nice people.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
What options are you referring to?

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
Burton's inserts are great. The reproduction plastic trim was based on the camera case parts. You could see black around the edges. I sent them back. The inserts do come with the tabbed steel back that locates perfectly around the raised edges of the turn signal ports and such. I did have to do a little file and shaping work on the upper left side of the trim that goes over the glove box. There is also an early and a late version of the trim bezels which are slightly different shaped.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 06:12:59 PM »
The camera case glove box bezel and the deluxe glove box bezel have a slightly different shape.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »
Bob,
I didn't believe him but Mort Burton had claimed there were two different part numbers for the RH trim bezel when I complained about fitment of the insert. He is correct, there is because I have both of them. There is a slightly different shape on the upper left hand corner of the right hand panel.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2019, 04:43:40 PM »
Bob,
I didn't believe him but Mort Burton had claimed there were two different part numbers for the RH trim bezel when I complained about fitment of the insert. He is correct, there is because I have both of them. There is a slightly different shape on the upper left hand corner of the right hand panel.
Kieth, are you saying there are two different versions for the deluxe glove box bezel or one for the deluxe and one for the camera case style glove box bezel.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby