News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Do we know who restored this beauty?

Started by 2112, February 11, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 14, 2018, 05:11:15 AM
Thanks. So anyone now can have the Ford serial number of any 67 Shelby. I didn't know that as you can order a Marti report for any car-don't have to own it.

Yeah, and it is still on the Hemmings ad. I just didn't want to be a facilitator of malfeasance at some point in the future.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 2112 on February 11, 2018, 05:01:58 PM
Whoops, I had to delete the Marti report when I realized the Ford VIN was still showing.

Here it is in redacted format;
Thanks. So anyone now can have the Ford serial number of any 67 Shelby. I didn't know that as you can order a Marti report for any car-don't have to own it.
No Gary that is a wrong assumption. You have to have both numbers to get a Marti report for a 65-67 Shelby. You don't have to own it but you do have to have both numbers.  Kevin is not dumb. He is aware of the possible reasons people try and get them.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

Quote from: 427heaven on February 14, 2018, 07:31:43 AM
With money comes privilege ;)... The Jacksons of the world can buy what ever they want where the average Joe cant. So to get to the point in the racing world they have safety seals,etched bolts and pieces, and break away bolts if tampered with we know. Possibly a chemical process can be used like looking under a black light would show up as being tampered with. You could put an invisible Dot on the cars parts running for these awards only to be seen by a certain process this way it wouldn't piss of the owner by marking up his show car. There are only so many cars in the world running for these awards so we could see who was mixing and matching parts. Craig Jacksons could be green,,,,, ;) While Joe Schmoes car could be red and OOOOH DAMN would you look at that the red wheels don't belong to the green car OOOPS ;)

There may have been time constraints with the '65 Jackson car that had borrowed parts.  I know John was under a very narrow timeline to complete it.  As I understand, the judging sheets from MCA/SAAC will be used to improve the car and show it again this year. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 14, 2018, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: 2112 on February 11, 2018, 05:01:58 PM
Whoops, I had to delete the Marti report when I realized the Ford VIN was still showing.

Here it is in redacted format;
No Gary that is a wrong assumption. You have to have both numbers to get a Marti report for a 65-67 Shelby. You don't have to own it but you do have to have both numbers.  Kevin is not dumb. He is aware of the possible reasons people try and get them.
Thanks for the clarification Bob.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

billups67

Just for clarification, I know for a fact Craig owns the tires on the 65. I was at John's a couple weeks ago. Sometimes it takes owners and restores awhile to come to an agreement on price for certain things like tires, exhaust and battery's. Most people know that if they sell these type parts they will never find another to replace them. So why let a fantastic car, with a near perfect tbred resto sit at home because it is missing one or two parts? It's a great benefit to the hobby when cars like that show up for everyone to study and learn from.   

Special Ed

Dont know if i have seen this 67 but 4-spd a/c great color sounds like this car has everything going for it. I know where a set of NOS small letter tires are if u are serious about buying a set & i used to have 65 66 67 original batteries here in the past but SOMEONE we all know got them from me.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on February 15, 2018, 12:45:22 PM
Dont know if i have seen this 67 but 4-spd a/c great color sounds like this car has everything going for it. I know where a set of NOS small letter tires are if u are serious about buying a set & i used to have 65 66 67 original batteries here in the past but SOMEONE we all know got them from me.
::)  ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

No Size

1966 shelby 2201... 1967 shelby GT500. 2063..1970 shelby GT500..3124....Randy Sizemore

BGlover67

Mr. Cowles has some sweet vehicles coming out of his facility.  :)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative