News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby American new venture with SIXT Rent a Car May 2, 2019

Started by FL SAAC, May 02, 2019, 04:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

New Rent a Racer from ShelbyAmerican and Sixt Rent a Car
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

New Rent a Racer from ShelbyAmerican and Sixt Rent a Car

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Tired Sheep on May 03, 2019, 08:00:08 AM
Because no one has ever heard of Sixt?

SIXT is a multinational car rental company with about 2,200 locations in over 105 countries. The company has been expanding across the USA since 2011 and is currently the country's fourth-largest car rental company. SIXT has 55 locations including 20 top airports in the United States. Most recently, the mobility service provider was honored with the World Travel Awards as the USA's leading car rental company and the Trazee Award as the most popular car rental company among the Millennials target group.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

No, my guess would be that we have seen enough of these specials...yawn.
Probably a blast to rent.

Mike

FL SAAC

Good morning Mike,

Let me share some facts with you. 

After the last series of Shelby GTH vehicles 2006 40th anniversary, 2007 and 2016 50th anniversary, what else is there to celebrate? 

Nothing

Hertz is done with Shelby 

No more Hertz special edition's 

The current Hertz CEO is  GM loyalist, not a Ford or Shelby fan.

The 50 + years heritage of  rent a racer is over.

But we beg to differ there with you, we haven't see the last of these " special editions "

Shelby American like any other company will attempt to find alternate sources of income. Hence the last GTH released, the H now stands fo Heritage not Hertz.

Great cars, but as far as value we truly see none. No Hertz backing or badging , no history, no lineage. 

Once again nice cars, like Steeda,  like Rousch, like Ford SVT, just like these new rentals...nice cars and this case with the huffers on them,  nice fast cars. But just that ...cars.. 

Just no Ford, Shelby C.S.M. # and Hertz pedigree

Quote from: Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC on May 03, 2019, 08:48:41 AM

No, my guess would be that we have seen enough of these specials...yawn.
Probably a blast to rent.

Mike

I have all UNGOLD cars

ITHERTZ

Once they made the GTH, when H stood for Heritage I had my fill.  They milked that cow and then when the cow didn't have anything left, they found a new orifice to try.  The Hertz/Shelby connection was a real story back in '66 and again in 06.  Both those periods were filled with innovative new Shelby Mustang stories.  Both those periods bankrolled Shelby so that the Shelby Mustangs we know and love could even exist.  Perhaps this time it's the other way around.  An up and coming, relatively unknown rental car company will be looking to gain some exposure by using Shelby's name. 

I'm sure these cars are great, and I would love to rent one.  I just don't think I would be able to afford it.  I'm guessing they don't hand out this kind of power for free and to just anybody. 

FL SAAC

Good morning Troy,

Very well expressed and I agree with your sentiments.

Quote from: ITHERTZ on May 03, 2019, 09:29:18 AM
Once they made the GTH, when H stood for Heritage I had my fill.  They milked that cow and then when the cow didn't have anything left, they found a new orifice to try.  The Hertz/Shelby connection was a real story back in '66 and again in 06.  Both those periods were filled with innovative new Shelby Mustang stories.  Both those periods bankrolled Shelby so that the Shelby Mustangs we know and love could even exist.  Perhaps this time it's the other way around.  An up and coming, relatively unknown rental car company will be looking to gain some exposure by using Shelby's name. 

I'm sure these cars are great, and I would love to rent one.  I just don't think I would be able to afford it.  I'm guessing they don't hand out this kind of power for free and to just anybody.

I have all UNGOLD cars

terlingua11

I guess I could say I've seen enough of the new stuff. New stuff is exactly that.... new stuff. New technology with some type of cute badging or color scheme. It's a new car. I guess I like my cars because they are 60's era cars. That's what SAAC ( IMO ) is about. I like the fact that I can get in my 60's era car, hang my arm out the window at the right height, Make a lot of noise, grind through the gears with a really hard clutch pedal and get out smelling like racing gas. It's the experience of the car. Not the badging on a new car "carrying the heritage"...... the 60's car is the heritage. I yawn at all the new stuff now. The new technology cars are fun to drive in there bubble. I bought a Leguna Seca Boss 302 to have something with creature comforts and some modernness too it. But it's nothing like the 70 Boss 302 my father owned. It's a completely different animal. Not saying it's bad, but it's not the same........ I think that's why I glossed over the post-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

computerworks

Not a big name in US... European Company

I use them often to rent "performance' when in Europe.

I also happily use them when in Miami

FL SAAC

Very factual statements, but boy those new cars do handle, brake, accelerate much better than the vintage cars. Add to that all the creature comforts for todays world. Both have their merits and thats why we own both.

Quote from: terlingua11 on May 03, 2019, 10:14:08 AM
I guess I could say I've seen enough of the new stuff. New stuff is exactly that.... new stuff. New technology with some type of cute badging or color scheme. It's a new car. I guess I like my cars because they are 60's era cars. That's what SAAC ( IMO ) is about. I like the fact that I can get in my 60's era car, hang my arm out the window at the right height, Make a lot of noise, grind through the gears with a really hard clutch pedal and get out smelling like racing gas. It's the experience of the car. Not the badging on a new car "carrying the heritage"...... the 60's car is the heritage. I yawn at all the new stuff now. The new technology cars are fun to drive in there bubble. I bought a Leguna Seca Boss 302 to have something with creature comforts and some modernness too it. But it's nothing like the 70 Boss 302 my father owned. It's a completely different animal. Not saying it's bad, but it's not the same........ I think that's why I glossed over the post-

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 03, 2019, 01:43:42 PM
Very factual statements, but boy those new cars do handle, brake, accelerate much better than the vintage cars. Add to that all the creature comforts for todays world. Both have their merits and thats why we own both.

They should. There's only 50 years of additional development on them however I'll point out the the current Mustang didn't get very far into the future.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Good afternoon Doug,

Would you opine that to be a good circumstance or a bad circumstance ?

Quote from: shelbydoug on May 03, 2019, 01:51:04 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on May 03, 2019, 01:43:42 PM

They should. There's only 50 years of additional development on them however I'll point out the the current Mustang didn't get very far into the future.

I have all UNGOLD cars