News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Eleanor Kit

Started by tesgt350, May 04, 2019, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

There used to be a company that sold a complete 1967 Eleanor Body Kit with Grills and Lights and I can't them.  I can find the Fiberglass Parts on Ebay but not the Grills and Lights.  Does any one know where to get the whole complete kit?

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Toss it on a pinto or maverick and you will have something "Unique "..(and surprisingly economical) :o

Don Johnston

1967 eight barrel

I guess they didn't read your post. I don't think that kit is available anymore. It used to include the grille, fiberglass panels and the PIAA lamps. I found the grille kit and the lamp kit. Just about every major part vendor offers basic glass parts as a kit.

-Keith

67 GT350

Not to be negative, but I was wishing that those cars would have "Gone Away" by now and not been seen on every street corner. I like the movies, "Gone in 60 Seconds" but soon got tired of everyone building them. In fact I think they have done both a service and disservice to 67 Shelbys. When I drive my 'real" GT350, I get asked all the time, is that an Eleanor? Did you build that? Nice Kit! The movie has caused the 67's to inflate in price, good if that's what you want and bad for the hobby. Take into consideration all the BJ hype back in they day, and a 30K car became a 200K car overnight, not good for the hobby. I for one like my Shelby and I don't care what it is worth. It is a very cool car with some of the best automotive history going.

When anyone asks me if I built my car into an Eleanor, I say. "As Obama would say, "I did not build that!" but as Trump says, "I made it great again!" This is a real one, thank you!"

Not everyone is lucky to have one of these cars, and I consider myself very lucky.

This is just one man's opinion and sorry if I offended anyone, just my thought.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: Frankie on May 05, 2019, 02:34:30 PM
Not to be negative, but I was wishing that those cars would have "Gone Away" by now and not been seen on every street corner. I like the movies, "Gone in 60 Seconds" but soon got tired of everyone building them. In fact I think they have done both a service and disservice to 67 Shelbys. When I drive my 'real" GT350, I get asked all the time, is that an Eleanor? Did you build that? Nice Kit! The movie has caused the 67's to inflate in price, good if that's what you want and bad for the hobby. Take into consideration all the BJ hype back in they day, and a 30K car became a 200K car overnight, not good for the hobby. I for one like my Shelby and I don't care what it is worth. It is a very cool car with some of the best automotive history going.

When anyone asks me if I built my car into an Eleanor, I say. "As Obama would say, "I did not build that!" but as Trump says, "I made it great again!" This is a real one, thank you!"

Not everyone is lucky to have one of these cars, and I consider myself very lucky.

I'm offended by the film calling the car a '67 Shelby GT500. Not by you.

I have no problem with the title of Eleanor. That's fine. Just don't call it a Shelby.

That film was obviously targeted to a 15 year old audience. Stats show they are the paying movie market place. Not me. The Media is powerful. It doesn't matter if it's fiction or not sometimes.

About 35 years ago, there was a five year old that stopped me on the street. He said to me, "you're him, Steve Austin, the five million dollar man!"

Now I've got 35 year olds who saw the film 20 years ago asking me why I modified and ruined my Shelby and one 40 year old that tells everyone he met the 6 million dollar man when he was a kid? Want an autograph?

What I say, think or post isn't likely to change any of their minds or anyone else's either for that matter?   ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

It is officially a Halicki Ealanor (never a Shelby) and is made  now by Fusion Motor Co.
https://www.fusionmotorco.com/eleanor-legacy
But the price tag of the built movie car replica is what keeps those who want one looking for the plastic DIY add on kits.

One article about the Fusion Eleanor:
https://carbuzz.com/news/you-can-now-buy-an-officially-licensed-eleanor-mustang

shelbydoug

Quote from: Don Johnston on May 06, 2019, 02:14:03 AM
It is officially a Halicki Ealanor (never a Shelby) and is made  now by Fusion Motor Co.
https://www.fusionmotorco.com/eleanor-legacy
But the price tag of the built movie car replica is what keeps those who want one looking for the plastic DIY add on kits.

One article about the Fusion Eleanor:
https://carbuzz.com/news/you-can-now-buy-an-officially-licensed-eleanor-mustang

That's fine but you can't change the way the car was represented in the film. That's forever. Alternative facts perhaps?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1109RWHP

Quote from: Frankie on May 05, 2019, 02:34:30 PM

Does your Eleanor have Noss on it?

Chad

Thanks for making my day!!!

Quote from: Frankie

link=topic=5774.msg49298#msg49298 date=1557021166

I hope not.

Kent

I think mustangs to fear do the whole kit and the name mustangs to fear says everything ;-) I wouldnt say a eleanor is ugly and I like the movie really, but a real shelby is a piece of automotive art.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Grumpy

I am up in NH. Lot's of car guys. A buddy of mine WHO IS INTO CARs told me he found a Shelby "Eleanor". He asked me if 67 was the only year Shelby offered the Eleanor package !!  ::) . He thought he was goin to hit the lottery buying it for a deal  :o

Coralsnake

Best thing I ever did to the Coralsnake, was repaint it gray and put the kit on the car.