News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S1063 at Mecum Indy

Started by 6s2020, May 05, 2019, 03:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: 66S285 on May 08, 2019, 02:21:02 PM
for my sake I hope it goes that high

What is the correlation?

6S1114

sfm5s081

I wonder what the reserve was

Harris Speedster

I might have been really tempted to take that.
But, as we all know, it is not 225 K that you get?

What percent sales fee will they deduct  ?
That s the real bottom line to the seller.

BTW, what percent do they currently charge the buyer ?
That is a bottom line too, correct ?
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Shelby_r_b

At Mecum Auctions, the seller is charged 10% commission for the sale (of the hammer price), and the buyer pays a 10% fee (of the hammer price) for the purchase.  However, it is not uncommon for Mecum to lower the seller's commission on the block (or off the block) to get a deal done.  And, at times, they will even lower the buyer's fee as well.

If the car hammered sold for $225K, the seller would net (barring any other arrangements) $202,500, and the buyer would pay $247,500.
Nothing beats a classic!

SFM6S087

Did anyone notice that on TV one of the Mecum commentators said this car has very rare magnesium and aluminum wheels? What a hoot! I can't remember the last time an early Shelby crossed the block that they didn't say something  incorrect in their verbal chatter about the car.

Oh well, still fun to watch.

Steve

Bob Gaines

Talking about car seller and buyers fees , memorabilia /road art fees are even more. How about 23% for Mecum and 7% for the state . That is the sellers fee . I am not so sure if it is that much for buyers premium but wouldn't be surprised if it was. It really adds up given some of the engine displays(several) hammered for and around the 180k range. Mecum sure came out on those sales .I heard of various crazy prices paid for memorabilia . Many items that typically sold in the hundreds were going in the thousands. I would venture to see more specialty memorabilia auctions being advertised after this.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

silverton_ford

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 21, 2019, 02:14:56 PM
Talking about car seller and buyers fees , memorabilia /road art fees are even more. How about 27% for mecum and 3% for the state . That is the sellers fee . I am not so sure if it is that much for buyers premium but wouldn't be surprised if it was. It really adds up given some of the engine displays(several) hammered for and around the 180k range. Mecum sure came out on those sales .I heard of various crazy prices paid for memorabilia . Many items that typically sold in the hundreds were going in the thousands. I would venture to see more specialty memorabilia auctions being advertised after this.

For the road art buyer's fees I paid 23% plus 7% state sales tax.  If you bid online, then you have to pay a local packing company to box and ship the item to you.  I bought a poster, bid price at $30.00.  After fees it was $39.48 then after shipping and handling, tack on another $65.21.  The $30 purchase price grew to a total of $104.69.  Luckily, I am still happy with my purchase and experience.  Both Mecum and the shipping company are great to work with.  They like my money and yours too!   :)

That is a small item and peanuts compared to some of the items that sold, but a good example of how that initial bid price grows quickly!

sfm5s081

Take it from me, Mecum will hardly budge on the seller fees. Maybe 8% aka the no reserve commission. That's after $1000 entry fee + shipping +

Chad

I would love to own this car!!  It is beautiful!!!  Those painted magnums look killer against the black!