News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Project car 1972 De Tomaso Pantera on eBay

Started by BGlover67, May 05, 2019, 07:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I have to thank Nick for finding this.  I can definitely see a bidding war break out over this one, so bid early.  As a piece of modern art it might just work.  Also, check out all the Porches behind it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-De-Tomaso-Pantera-1972-De-Tomaso-Pantera-Coupe-Project-Car-for-Parts-/382930064693

1972 De Tomaso Pantera Coupe Chassis/VIN number THPNMB02448. Engine number 01452. Mileage unknown. This vehicle was involved in a severe accident in 1978. This is for complete restoration or parts car. We are selling this vehicle AS IS as pictured with no warranties expressed or implied. This vehicle will need to be towed or picked up by a car hauler from our location. Additional pictures available on our website under cars for sale.If you have any additional questions, please e mail thru ebay or call Ben Klein at office 323 589 2162 ex.12 or cell 310-877-9485 with any questions. We also welcome all international buyers. We can help with shipping quotes and arrangements. This vehicle is available for inspection at our location by appointment only please. A Licensed State of California Dealer is selling the vehicle, all California DMV laws apply. Any California buyer must pay local CA sales tax and licensing fees. All others will do so in their home state."

$16,000!!!  or Best Offer

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

I don't think that's going to buff out.

Mike

CSX 4133

Best offer..... about $125 in scrap metal.   ::)

Greg

I would love to say there is NO WAY but there are crazy people in this world. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bigfoot

That would have been a horrific accident....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbydoug

I could relate to it as some kind of an art statement but to me it's a very negative statement. Not anything fulfilling, just an ugly hurtful one?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Understatement of the week. "This vehicle will need to be towed"
I bet the FBI will follow this car right to where this VIN gets put on the nice stolen Pantera.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Quote from: Bigfoot on May 05, 2019, 09:37:26 AM
That would have been a horrific accident....

Yeah, as in someone died.   :-[

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 05, 2019, 10:46:37 AM
Understatement of the week. "This vehicle will need to be towed"
I bet the FBI will follow this car right to where this VIN gets put on the nice stolen Pantera.

Does the FBI even care about this kind of stuff anyway? They don't prosecute property crime up here.

Or if it does get to Court. Nothing happens.

Cut down a tree in your yard without a permit....now that's a different question.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

take it to a show as a "Barn Find" announce that it will be restored in 12 months using all Original Parts
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

And I passed on that slide pull hammer at the thrift shop last week...Didn't know I'd need it.. :o

shelbydoug

At some point, there is a point of no return. This one is well past it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

kjspeed

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

5s386

How much is a rebodied 72 Pantera worth?

shelbydoug

Quote from: 5s386 on May 05, 2019, 04:29:43 PM
How much is a rebodied 72 Pantera worth?

A rebodied Pantera is just a Pantera that you change the serial number from one to another, so the term really doesn't apply to it. It's not like you can go get a Pinto and change it into a Pantera.

The reasons that you would do that are very slim. Maybe only one.

35 years ago Hall had alll of the exterior sheet metal for them for a package deal of $18,000. Now just a front deck lid is $3500 to $4000 IF you can find one.

Maybe the only thing you could do with that serial number is put it on one of the fiberglass tube chassis cars but those haven't been made in about 40 years. No I think that car there is pretty done.

Even the case and bell on the ZF is broken. There might be some small parts that are useable but from here it looks like even the bolts are bent?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!