Author Topic: 67 Decor Interior  (Read 7055 times)

Hockeylife

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
67 Decor Interior
« on: May 09, 2019, 03:41:24 PM »
Hi, did 67 interior seats include not only knitted seating areas, but could they also include smooth or non-knitted seating areas? If so, was it random, due to some changeover? Thanks

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 67 Decor Interior
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 04:54:31 PM »
Hi, did 67 interior seats include not only knitted seating areas, but could they also include smooth or non-knitted seating areas? If so, was it random, due to some changeover? Thanks
The very early and very late 67 Shelby production used the smooth instead of the typical comfortweave. The changes were not random but coincided with issues at Ford during the 67 Mustang production year.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Hockeylife

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »
The very early and very late 67 Shelby production used the smooth instead of the typical comfortweave. The changes were not random but coincided with issues at Ford during the 67 Mustang production year.

Thanks Bob!

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 11:00:24 PM »
For the future readers, who may want to know more details on the different interior trim for these '67's please check out this thread with more specifics.

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=5847.msg50528#msg50528
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 11:13:58 PM by Richstang »
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 04:44:03 PM »
For the future readers, who may want to know more details on the different interior trim for these '67's please check out this thread with more specifics.

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=5847.msg50528#msg50528

You didn't address white Vs. Parchment interiors or that early white cars are smooth. You just addressed black.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »
Parchment interiors are addressed in some other places, such as on the '1967 Shelby Research group" in the paint and trim post.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/shelbyresearch/xMh2RMLAXdc

The white interior myth is addressed in the 2011 registry on page 783.
There are no Ford records showing white interior cars. The numerous Marti Reports I have gathered don't account for any white cars in their totals.
Those totals equal the full production run of 3224 cars (the brochure car #0176 was not ordered by Shelby, so it isn't included in that total).

The only trim codes found in Ford records for '67 Shelby's are 6A black 'smooth', 5A black 'comfortweave', and 5U parchment 'comfortweave')
All of the 5U parchment trimmed cars are accounted for in total and broken down further by paint colors.
The earliest car (parchment interior car was built on 12/30/66 on DSO 84-2539. (All previous cars that were built had black interiors in 6A or 5A trim)

The reason I am addressing the later built black 6A trimmed cars is because those cars are not all clearly identified...yet.
Marti Reports will help us to define that trim in the later June July SJ builds. That is why I've asked for help in the other 6A black trim post.
Additional details and theories on the 6A trim can be found at the “1967 Shelby Research Group” in this link: http://bit.ly/67Shelby6Atrim

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 05:46:38 PM by Richstang »

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 05:47:57 PM »
Well, you're wrong. It is white. The vehicle is as delivered. It exactly matched 1966 white. While it is not a pure white, it is a buttery white, but not a parchment.  The vehicle was as delivered and was removed from service in 1977 and I have owned it since 1982.

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 06:11:06 PM »
Well, you're wrong. It is white. The vehicle is as delivered. It exactly matched 1966 white. While it is not a pure white, it is a buttery white, but not a parchment.  The vehicle was as delivered and was removed from service in 1977 and I have owned it since 1982.

Your suggesting that SAAC is wrong too.
Check out the 2011 registry on page 783 for the full page "Mythbusters: 1967 Shelby's with white interiors"

Do you have a Marti Report or any Shelby American documents to state it was born with white (or buttery white) interior?

The records indicate your car was built on DSO 84-2528. That group is documented as having 5A black 'comfortweave' trim as ordered by Shelby American.
All cars built in a DSO group were identical, other than paint colors. (except for a materials shortage where they would use 6A trim to keep the color black.)

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 06:23:49 PM »
It doesn't specify white, but it is '66 white. I don't give a damn what the SAAC thinks or says in this regard.  It's not parchment. I went crazy trying to figure this out before finally getting a sample of material that matched what was under the seat trim. 
                                                                                                  -Keith

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
As long as you are enjoying your car, as you built it, that all that matters. Since you're not chasing any factory correct concours awards there is no need to worry about how it was built at San Jose or how it left LAX. 

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 06:59:08 PM »
Your opinion is just that. YOUR opinion. It was built as was interior wise. I didn't change it, and knew the original owner, and the vehicle had 30,000 miles on it when I purchased it after it had been wrecked in 1976.  I don't appreciate the indicators here and you don't even own a Shelby. I don't buck most information, but this time it's wrong. I have personally seen at least 500 cars. I have seen plenty of untouched parchment vehicles. Bob and I had many discussions. Yes, you're right. I don't own a trailer queen. It actually looks better than most concours vehicles. Do you even own a Shelby by the way, or do you just feel the need to jump on every post and comment?

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 07:52:23 PM »
The Ford build data and the SAAC registry are both in agreement, there was only one color other than black and that was parchment.
That shade of color is debatable whether it is off white or parchment. I tend to agree with you it is more of an off white color.

That said, the Ford record would be the authoritative document in this discussion.
A Deluxe Marti Report would confirm how the car was actually built (not just how it was ordered, VINed and/or found)
Do you have a Marti Report for your car you can share with us?

Here are some FACTS (not opinions) which assumes your car is #0171 as you have indicated in the past.
#67400F7A00171 as published in the 2011 registry was ordered on DSO 2528, along with 144 other cars, all with 5A black trim.
The SAI VIN plate shows the trim code as "A" = Black. We have a photo of the VIN from 2012 confirming the VIN # is correct.
Photos from 2012 also clearly show the car painted Lime Gold with 5A Luxury Black Knitted Vinyl trim.

Not currently owning a '67 Shelby doesn't make me wrong, just like currently owning a '67 Shelby doesn't make you right.

YOU asked ME to address the white vs parchment in reply #4.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:32:58 PM by Richstang »

6972boss

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 11:32:21 PM »
Eight barrel, please allow Rich to work on this and collect valuable info from owners and those who have  paperwork to prove it. His work is much appreciated! Sharp tones are just not needed here. He is not accusing, blaming, or calling you out. Can we work with him and not be biased??
Everybody here works for one another. This is what makes this forum work so well. Come on in for the home run! 8) ;D

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 12:56:35 AM »
Eight barrel, please allow Rich to work on this and collect valuable info from owners and those who have  paperwork to prove it. His work is much appreciated! Sharp tones are just not needed here. He is not accusing, blaming, or calling you out. Can we work with him and not be biased??
Everybody here works for one another. This is what makes this forum work so well. Come on in for the home run! 8) ;D

^^^this

8)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 04:14:38 AM »
Your opinion is just that. YOUR opinion. It was built as was interior wise. I didn't change it, and knew the original owner, and the vehicle had 30,000 miles on it when I purchased it after it had been wrecked in 1976.  I don't appreciate the indicators here and you don't even own a Shelby. I don't buck most information, but this time it's wrong. I have personally seen at least 500 cars. I have seen plenty of untouched parchment vehicles. Bob and I had many discussions. Yes, you're right. I don't own a trailer queen. It actually looks better than most concours vehicles. Do you even own a Shelby by the way, or do you just feel the need to jump on every post and comment?

Are you kidding?  Why all the hatred?  You sure seem super insecure about your car, so much that you felt the need to attack one of the true, honest, hard working guys in this community that doesn't even have a dog in this fight.  He's here purely for the love of the marque, not to legitimatize a car he may own.  I'd like to think you just had a bad day or something and decided to take it out on someone else.  Everyone is here because they love these cars and want to contribute to the discussion.  Don't make it personal.   
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative