News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

High Quality Scale Model

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, February 12, 2018, 10:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

What is the best quality scale model, either kit if already built 66 GT350H?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Richstang

In die-cast already made some of the nicest out there are the 1:18 Lane Collectibles/Exact Detail or 1:24 Franklin Mint.
There is also a very nice smaller 1:43 by Kyosho, but it has white walls, that need to be removed and reversed to show the blackwalls.

If your looking to build a plastic model then your only choice is the 1:24 Monogram/Revell kit.
Here's what I built from the kit, but I painted the lemans stripes instead of using the kit decals.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

nice, you have a career doing these in your future
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Richstang

Thanks, I wish could build these as a career. For the amount of time and cost of materials they take to build to this level, I would go broke for what I've been offered for a build by some folks here on the forum.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

papa scoops

altho it lacks some detail,and needs modifying,  the 1/12 scale revell 65 350 would work nicely.M2 makes a nice 1/24 diecast. phred (the gold stipes are easy to make)