News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Jack paint sheen

Started by Dunerider777, May 13, 2019, 01:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunerider777

I am getting ready to clean up and re-paint my jack for the trunk and wanted to find out what the correct sheen of black is. It looks to be gloss but not 100% sure.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Dunerider777 on May 13, 2019, 01:25:33 PM
I am getting ready to clean up and re-paint my jack for the trunk and wanted to find out what the correct sheen of black is. It looks to be gloss but not 100% sure.
Not quite gloss black is what the majority are . I have seen a variety of sheen's . They were dip painted which typically gives a glossier look to a semigloss type paint . Humidity etc. when they were dipped and hung to dry also must have effected the finish look. You have a lot of latitude on what you can choose to make it IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Remember/consider that in general its not about an exact amount of sheen but a range considering how the part was painted.  This applies to allot of parts and surfaces IMHO
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge