News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Wonder if anyone can help. Rebuilding a T10

Started by pmustang, May 14, 2019, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

Glad you and your customer have sorted out the issue. It's terrific that the experts (here) had the knowledge. Have been following the thread.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

gt350hr

Peter,
      VERY glad you solved the problem. The T-10 is a very nice "driving" transmission for everything BUT all out drag racing. It's 1950's design ( no surprise) wasn't ready for tires that didn't spin when the clutch was "dumped". I actually prefer it in a road race application with a "respectful" driver. Another great ending.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pmustang

Cheers all,  thanks Randy, wanted you to see your solution was correct :-)

pmustang

Further to this post. I am now in the US and would like to buy hooked sliders as per Randy's suggestion for the "other" T10 I have

Can anyone tell me if this is a super T10 or
T10 so I order the right ones

Thank you.  Peter

gt350hr

That is a "regular but the sliders are all the same except for the "keys" or dogs . Small bump , stamped steel, ( same as Muncie) or big bump solid cast ( usually early). The central groove has to match the width of the bump on the dogs. Do an internet search for Anaheim Gear for a good deal on sliders . Pat or Eric are great guys to deal with. I buy all of my trans parts there. Walking distance from my house
   Randy

pmustang

Thank you Randy

Sounds like I need at least the cover off my trans to determine what I need?

Thanks once again for your sage advice

Once I am back in the U.K. I will contact your recommendation

Peter

gt350hr

Peter the type of "dogs" can be determined with the removal of the cover fir sure. The stamped ( small bump) dogs have visibly rounded edges , where the "wide bump" version has sharper edges because they are "cast".