News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT350 Fan and Spacer

Started by cascade-classics, May 15, 2019, 04:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cascade-classics

Wanted for a 67 GT350 without AC.  Need a cooling fan with part number C6OZ-8600-D marked C6OE-D and a spacer part number C4AZ-8546-F (YA-74).  Not sure of the marking if any.  I know the spacer has a Motocraft replacement with the same part number unfortunately they have a casting of C8AE-E which would not have been found on a 1967 car.

George Schalk

Here's a pic of an original Hi-Po fan spacer and a reproduction.  The cost of the reproductions are about $50.  The first pic is of the reproduction, which you can see has the same markings as the original, but the markings are clocked or positioned different between the two.  I believe the overall length may vary between the two as well (original is 2.74").  The n.o.s. spacer was recently listed on Ebay.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: George Schalk on May 15, 2019, 07:51:31 PM
Here's a pic of an original Hi-Po fan spacer and a reproduction.  The cost of the reproductions are about $50.  The first pic is of the reproduction, which you can see has the same markings as the original, but the markings are clocked or positioned different between the two.  I believe the overall length may vary between the two as well (original is 2.74").  The n.o.s. spacer was recently listed on Ebay.
George, no one is making a 67 hipo spacer that I am aware of . The shorter 65/66 hipo spacer is what is reproduced I believe. The 67 spacer is noticeable longer then the 65/66 version. The one on ebay you posted a picture of is the first NOS one I had ever seen.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cascade-classics on May 15, 2019, 04:51:46 PM
Wanted for a 67 GT350 without AC.  Need a cooling fan with part number C6OZ-8600-D marked C6OE-D and a spacer part number C4AZ-8546-F (YA-74).  Not sure of the marking if any.  I know the spacer has a Motocraft replacement with the same part number unfortunately they have a casting of C8AE-E which would not have been found on a 1967 car.
The C8 style is visually quite different in appearance even disregarding the engineering number cast in the part. The 68 style and shape remind me of Mickey Mouse ears. The 65-67 spacers have a more contour appearance.  early style spacers are identified by there size given there are no markings unlike the 68 and newer style. If no one reply's to your inquiry reach out to me . I have a spacer on the shelf but no fan. Leaving for meacum and the Spring fling so I will be a little out of touch until next week.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Krelboyne

I think this is it, compared with the common C8AE-E w/Mickey Mouse ears.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

cascade-classics

Found the fan.  It was listed on eBay for a six cylinder Fairlane but had the correct codes on it.  Also found a spacer but the logo on the front is bad so would like to find a better one.

JD

once it's installed the logo on the tip/nose is not visible ...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

cascade-classics

Thanks JD.  Figured it was not so I went ahead and ordered it.  Can't be too choosy with these parts!