News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT 350 (Early 10/66) Turn Signal Canceling

Started by DGSOH, May 29, 2019, 05:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGSOH

I'm totally ignorant on this, some would say on many things I'm sure, given the turn signal cancelling hasn't worked since I've owned the car nor did it have the original steering wheel - I suspect there's something I'm missing... like a turn signal cancelling cam or something? I do have a proper '67 wheel now and would like to get this working. Did the Shelby wheel use the stock cancelling cam or was it something special (lol, I should know better by now)?

Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

DGSOH

67350#1242

The cancelling cam for 67 is built into the T.S. switch (at least for fixed column).  A pin protruding from the cam engages a slot in the steering wheel hub right next to the splines of the hub.  It should engage pretty much automatically when installing the wheel and once it is turned the pin will pop into the slot.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

DGSOH

Quote from: 67350#1242 on May 29, 2019, 08:03:53 PM
The cancelling cam for 67 is built into the T.S. switch (at least for fixed column).  A pin protruding from the cam engages a slot in the steering wheel hub right next to the splines of the hub.  It should engage pretty much automatically when installing the wheel and once it is turned the pin will pop into the slot.

Excellent, thank you, exactly what I needed to know. I guess now I need to figure out what's broke(n).

DGSOH

For future reference here's a photo of the fixed column canceling cam.

The pin is spring loaded.

The cam can be (carefully) removed/installed without having to remove or disassemble the turn signal switch.