News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Tail Light Board Install - Looking for "How-to" tips

Started by JWH, May 18, 2019, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

I've purchased new tail light boards that go inside the trunk. I am asking for some tips on how to "round" or arch the boards so that they fit and look nice. Any other tips on fitting these - cutting, trimming, etc - when installing in the trunk?

Here is a link to the Dead-Nuts-On page showing the boards.
https://www.deadnutson.com/1968-shelby-california-special-trunk-taillight-boards-r-l/

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Coralsnake

I bought a 12 inch concrete form and slid the boards inside to let the take the shape of the rounded form
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

TLea

It's not necessary with the new boards that jack has made. The old boards you had to form because they weren't the right kind of cardboard. The new type that Jack is making are made from a cardboard that is designed to bend in one direction. Place the top in and then just lift from the bottom until it goes up over the edge and they will form perfectly in the car

JWH

Installed! Just as you said Tim, thanks for the excellent direction. These fit perfectly.

mr68shelby

I installed mine last week and they look like they match the ones in Jeff's car. I bent the bottom part of the panels toward the rear of the car.

On the Dead Nuts On web site, the picture with the plaid mat appears to show the bottom of the panel bent to the rear of the car. The picture with the speckled mat appears to show them bent to the front of the car.

Which is correct? Thanks! Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mr68shelby on June 19, 2019, 11:52:09 PM
I installed mine last week and they look like they match the ones in Jeff's car. I bent the bottom part of the panels toward the rear of the car.

On the Dead Nuts On web site, the picture with the plaid mat appears to show the bottom of the panel bent to the rear of the car. The picture with the speckled mat appears to show them bent to the front of the car.

Which is correct? Thanks! Mike
Mike, review post # 3 of this thread. They should look like that regardless of mat.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mr68shelby