News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Will this rumor never die

Started by TXShelbyman, May 20, 2019, 10:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXShelbyman

Looks like these old rumors will never die....

Skip down to the last four paragraphs......

https://www.recordonline.com/news/20190520/is-it-real-shelby-or-not-bet-you-cant-tell
When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428

Coralsnake

Probably not, but it does serve to identify the ignorant.

#1614, a 4 speed, ac car was originally built with a 428 Police Interceptor, just like every other GT500

shelbydoug

Write to the journalist who's by-line is on the article. Tell them that their research is crap, inaccurate and continues untruths about the cars.

There has to be accountability by journalists and it starts with responsible, accurate research.

The Constitution does not protect intentional or unintentional inaccuracies. If they can't get the details right, go back to the mail room.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Wedgeman

JD

Seems as though the "research" was interviewing the owners and taking everything they spoon fed her as gospel.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

gt350hr

The raised letters on the end of the block would say "66-427"  NOT 68-427.  A block casting is made up of several mold patterns. There was a point where MANY blocks were made using the rear mold from the 427 It is NO indication that the rest of the mold is/was that of a 427.  I would bet that the block is not cross bolted , something ALL 427 blocks had even Marine and industrial versions.  The infamous "someone" (the worlds foremost authority) is responsible for the BS on this one. Similar to all those "factory equipped " ten spoke wheeled '68s , like his "real" one.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Coralsnake

Quick revise your post, the car was originally invoiced to Spain, might have had original ten spokes!

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 20, 2019, 12:53:05 PM
Quick revise your post, the car originally invoiced to Spain, might have had original ten spokes!

:o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

One spelling "Caroll", then correctly later on.   At the very least, the writer needed to proofread the article for inconsistencies, before going to print/post.   
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

8T03S1425

This was a nice read, and who doesn't like looking at photos of Shelby, or even nicely done clones. HOWEVER, "The only way one would know it's not a true Shelby would to look at the vehicle serial number on the fender, under the hood. There's no dash after the first set of numbers,..."

So, even though he owns a real Shelby, he had no reservation to put a repro VIN tag on the clone Shelby and display a VIN, without a hyphen, to make it appear as something it is not.  ???

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

gt350hr

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 20, 2019, 12:53:05 PM
Quick revise your post, the car was originally invoiced to Spain, might have had original ten spokes!

Master Coralsnake ,
         You always taught young grasshopper ONLY two cars with "original " ten spokes . Now you teach me different?  What other car had them? I just want to be right and not perpetuate myths ( seriously).
     Randy

shelbydoug

5 to Spain. 2 to Japan as of 1997. !/2 the invoices were missing so until those show up no one knows for sure how many there were.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

If I said "two" that is an error. I believe the number to be five or six, possibly a couple more. I think all of those cars were invoiced to European dealers. Maybe mongo can clarify?

Thanks Doug

propayne

And what exactly was different (the wheels, the cars, both?) that enabled the 10 spokes to work on those exported cars?

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

gt350hr

Quote from: Coralsnake on May 20, 2019, 03:46:44 PM
If I said "two" that is an error. I believe the number to be five or six, possibly a couple more. I think all of those cars were invoiced to European dealers. Maybe mongo can clarify?

Thanks Doug

Thanks Pete and Doug . It's not my ego , I just want to have the correct information. I knew ( from you) that the two prototypes had them . I appreciate the news ( to me anyway) there are four more that had them "originally".
   Randy