News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New 1966 Shelby Registry

Started by SFM6S1348, May 22, 2019, 12:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

Received mine and have been slowly working through it.  I really like the cover shot, but I am strongly biased!

I am always amazed at the work that goes into these ten year editions when most all of those involved are also dealing with so much else within SAAC, such as conventions, racing, car shows, Shelby American magazine, answers to emails and forum matters, etc. 

cob4ra

My good friend Bill Wilson (6S852) just received his new 66Shelby registry! Fabulous and wonderful ! Thanks so much to all involved! Obviously the best with what information is available! Color pictures and wow the collisions pictures ad well! ( mine 6S1680 was apart for 3 1/2 years so I didn't update its info) ;; His binding is falling apart already! If you're getting one; be careful as to not press open any pages with vigor!! Lol ( it would be awesome if ever re-done in a hard back ) ! Congratulations registry organizers
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

jk66gt350

Received mine via polar bear express to just north or Toronto today.  Perfect condition and the info on my car is correct this time.  Yeah !!  Thanks to all who took the time to put this together. 

honker

Arrived today in the great white north (Canada), perfect shape, no damage. Great work ! I like the use of colour, and the photos from back in the day.
Also nice to see my photo of 6S2153 from aprox. '69 used   8)

Mike

66S285

Finally floated into New Orleans today. Arrived in good shape.
66S285

SFM6S087

Quote from: cob4ra on July 19, 2019, 02:56:16 PM
My good friend Bill Wilson (6S852) just received his new 66Shelby registry! Fabulous and wonderful ! Thanks so much to all involved! Obviously the best with what information is available! Color pictures and wow the collisions pictures ad well! ( mine 6S1680 was apart for 3 1/2 years so I didn't update its info) ;; His binding is falling apart already! If you're getting one; be careful as to not press open any pages with vigor!! Lol ( it would be awesome if ever re-done in a hard back ) ! Congratulations registry organizers

I know of two other owner's whose bindings fell apart within the first day or two. Each one contacted SAAC and received a proper replacement. You may want to mention that to Bill.

Steve

CharlesTurner

Was just looking through the new '66 registry (have had it for a while).  I noticed at page 342 it goes from small font on all the pages to large font... is that how all of them were printed?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

Quote from: CharlesTurner on May 09, 2020, 12:00:59 AM
Was just looking through the new '66 registry (have had it for a while).  I noticed at page 342 it goes from small font on all the pages to large font... is that how all of them were printed?

Think this was brought up when they first came out. My copy is the same and many other expressed the same challenge of glasses on glasses off
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

Quote from: J_Speegle on May 09, 2020, 12:22:47 AM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on May 09, 2020, 12:00:59 AM

Think this was brought up when they first came out. My copy is the same and many other expressed the same challenge of glasses on glasses off

Yep, bit odd but great book
6S373
6S1276

s2ms

Jeff, did you mean to put this in the French film discussion thread?
Dave - 6S1757

J_Speegle

Quote from: s2ms on May 14, 2020, 05:35:21 PM
Jeff, did you mean to put this in the French film discussion thread?

Yep so removed it. Busy doing too many things at the same time   :o

Thanks
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge