Author Topic: For Sale: FE Parts  (Read 2566 times)

Scode67FB

• View Profile
For Sale: FE Parts
« on: May 22, 2019, 04:11:01 AM »
AC brackets. Compressor mount and support/idler bracket. Left: 67-68. Right: 69-70. $100 for either pair.

68-70 Smog and alternator brackets. $100 each.
Three-groove pulleys: $50 each. Also have lots of single- and dual-groove available if interested.
Power Steering adjuster bracket: $50
Power Steering cooler: $50

I believe I only have the one smog pump adjuster. Other than that, I have multiples of everything listed.
Shipping extra.

67gt500

• View Profile
Re: For Sale: FE Parts
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:49:33 AM »
PM sent

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 08:24:31 AM »
PM sent

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:03:10 PM »
PM sent.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cushmancomp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
why do I bet everybodies asking the part number on water neck?

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 02:16:03 PM »

Looks like a truck version, no thread for the vacuum tree.

JMHO
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 04:51:05 PM »
It is easy to tell that far away by the fat shape of the body.   It is a C5AE marked unit for the bigger thermostat . The bigger C5 like in picture is commonly used on fe up to 67 . The 67 C7AE marked one is smaller body and has a thumb print sized dimple just like all later fe thermostat but without the boss for the threaded vacuum tree.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Scode67FB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 03:35:47 AM »
Yeah, I had a feeling that was going to happen. I've received several PMs and E-mails. About half were interested in the water neck. It IS a "C5" part. $20 if anybody wants it. The other inquiries were about the AC brackets. I have to dig out what I have and take inventory to make sure I have enough for those interested. I'll try to get this sorted out tomorrow.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 07:07:52 AM »
What is the going price for a C7AE water neck? Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 07:40:42 AM »
What is the going price for a C7AE water neck? Gary

You should know there is no "Kelly Blue Book" on parts?

Recently one just sold on Ebay for $40 at auction because few noticed it since it was mis-listed by the seller. I was offered one privately for $275. More common are offerings in the $450 to $500 range.

Now keep in mind these things are date coded and they are lousy castings to begin with. They corroded easily and quickly, were not hefty castings so were often broken while changing thermostats and the vast majority were on various Ford trucks with 390's in them.

Maybe it's not even a good idea to put expected prices on them? Some think it establishes a permanent value to them. I think cars and parts are like stocks or commodities. Not only do the prices go up, but they come down.

Perhaps a better example would be the erratic asking prices on the C7ZX intake manifolds. They went from about $800 to around $3500 almost over night? Then they settled down to $1100 to $1500. Many parts scalpers refusing to acknowledge the "drop in the market".

The key factor there seemed to have been the introduction of the Blue Thunder version which sells new for $1,100. Those are fine for tribute cars which probably was the larger portion of demand?

That's neither here nor there. The housings (and manifolds) are worth what you can get one for and what someone will sell one for. Bottom line, very unlikely to find one cheap?

Now if you could convince Scott Drake to make some, then the prices would need to adjust themselves again. It's not likely they would for a market of maybe 100?

I just got a full roll of Gafer's tape from one of my son's. His comment was , "Why do you need that? Are YOUR Shelby nerd friends saying you have to have the "correct" tape now?" He doesn't know about the Charcoal black metallic paint and getting the right gloss? PLEASE don't tell him? Gee-se?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:09:04 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350bp

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
Has anyone received any response back on the FE parts for sale from Scode67FB? Been trying to get an answer on available parts for over a week?

Don
gt350bp

Krelboyne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 06:12:34 PM »
Got a PM, but no acceptance to buy.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC