News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Any interest in a '70 Boss 302?

Started by BGlover67, May 24, 2019, 12:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I am negotiating to purchase an early Shelby from an estate.  In order to expedite the transaction, I'm considering purchasing a '70 Boss 302 along with it.  Dark Aqua Metallic/blue interior,  original 4 speed car.  A solid number 2 condition car.  I don't have all the details yet, but will soon.  I'm not looking to flip it and make a buck.  Just trying to move the seller along.  Contact me if you have any interest or to make a suggestion as to what price it would move fast at.  I know these cars aren't the most desirable these days, but it's still a pretty cool car in solid driver's condition.  Personally, I love this color in person.

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

BGlover67

Greg, I'm honestly not sure what it will bring.  Do you think $65k sounds reasonable for a car like this?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Rickmustang

Non shaker hurts a bit, but that price is fair for what you are trying to do. Of course that assumes all parts match. Make sure you check with Boss forum guys.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

tesgt350

That is not Dark Aqua Metallic, it looks like it is Medium Bright Blue, like the 1970 R-Code Mach 1 I used to own.

Greg

Quote from: BGlover67 on May 24, 2019, 01:06:09 PM
Greg, I'm honestly not sure what it will bring.  Do you think $65k sounds reasonable for a car like this?

I have seen them in the $45-55K range for non shaker hood, driven cars and $65-85K for higher level cars.  You may be a little high but it's a start, it is however a good color and the rest would depend on the restoration level, matching numbers... you know the ins and outs. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

BGlover67

Quote from: tesgt350 on May 24, 2019, 01:52:05 PM
That is not Dark Aqua Metallic, it looks like it is Medium Bright Blue, like the 1970 R-Code Mach 1 I used to own.

Opps. sorry about that.  What I know about Boss 302's could fit in a thimble, lol. 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: tesgt350 on May 24, 2019, 01:52:05 PM

Maybe we are saying the same thing, but from the pictures it looks like Medium Blue Metallic (code Q)
There was a Bright Blue Metallic (code 6) in 1970 which is darker than Medium Blue and was the new name for Acapulco Blue. 

6S1114

davez

Brian
The right front floor pan looks like it was wrinkled and straightened, Could be from and accident could be from poor rust repair and the rocker lip doesn't look straight. Not sure how much is due to camera angle but it looks weird. Doesn't match the other side. Just make sure it wasn't smacked in the side and repaired poorly. Sure it could be corrected but don't pay too much
dz

BGlover67

Thanks Dave.  Good advice.

Brian
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

capecodmustang.com

Boss 302s...

It better be a factory shaker car if you're trying to resell..

Just my .02

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: davez on May 24, 2019, 03:08:50 PM
Brian
The right front floor pan looks like it was wrinkled and straightened, Could be from and accident could be from poor rust repair and the rocker lip doesn't look straight. Not sure how much is due to camera angle but it looks weird. Doesn't match the other side. Just make sure it wasn't smacked in the side and repaired poorly. Sure it could be corrected but don't pay too much
dz

Agree. That right front floor and rocker looks hinky.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold