News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What Happened?

Started by Shelby_r_b, January 19, 2018, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilverShelby

I am not a Newbie!!!!!!  :-\

;)

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Grumpy

Wow I thought it crashed from something I said.

Ok...I have been looking for a 66 GT350 Convertible. I think they made 6. Wife would really like to have the pink one if anyone knows where it is.  ;)

Rodster-500

Not that it will change things, but technically, what happened?  Was it a hardware failure or some type of 'attack'?

I don't see losing all of the past information as a minor hiccup, more like a disaster.

Is the new forum tied to the club and our dues or another independent venture?

Doug C

zray

Quote from: Rodster-500 on January 20, 2018, 12:52:26 PM
Not that it will change things, but technically, what happened?  Was it a hardware failure or some type of 'attack'?

I don't see losing all of the past information as a minor hiccup, more like a disaster. ....."

Quote from: Doug C on January 20, 2018, 06:27:17 PM
So said its all gone

it  really is a monumental loss.

I'm still in denial !  what the heck ?   is it even possible to back up a forum, surely it is. Of course I never back up (on a regular basis), and I wail like a white walker whenever I lose the last 6 months (or whatever time frame) of my work, But seriously,  "....do as I say, not as I do..."

Z

TOBKOB

QuoteResult of the rework on the SAAC site is a disaster. New site is worthless. Guess whoever did the work has never heard of the maxim, "if it aint broke, don't fix it". Just what I frequently ran into in my previous career in the business arena. Hope this does not destroy people's involvement in Shelby's. I'm afraid that will be the result from what is seen here.

Wow ::) It is unfortunate that all the data is lost but I for one appreciate all the effort and time spent trying to revive the old forum. If we all look forward and put our "big boy drawers" on and with a positive attitude do our part, I think the new forum can be a treasure trove of information like the old one. I don't think any forum is why we are or aren't involved with Shelbys. Just my 2 cents.  ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Stillakid54

Thanks for all the work getting it back up and running so quickly.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

GT350Lad

Very sad it's all gone. It was such an epic resource for my resto and the advice given in the threads was priceless. Ah well, I gotta get over it and keep going..
Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Harris Speedster

Guys,
I was wondering;
Many of use may have cut and printed topics of discussion from the old site.

Perhaps other links from the site, >>>>> live on in the web?

Just thinking out loud, because soooooooooooooooooooooo much was lost.

Can what we all have collectively be sorted out ?

With respect,
John
A newbie since 1988>>>
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7