News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT350 #16 - Video from Seller at Mecum Indy

Started by Shelby_r_b, May 25, 2019, 11:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

I happened to come across this video of the builder / seller of #16 describing the car; which sold for $189,750 all in at Mecum Indy this year. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mE-fQTdBOU&feature=player_embedded

This is the same builder / seller of the 1967 Shelby GT500 #254 that sold for $330K all in at Mecum Kissimmee this year.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359417/1967-shelby-gt500-fastback/

Enjoy!  :)
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

I couldn't make it all the way through the presentation. There were so many incorrect facts, jumbled up facts etc. that it made it painful for me to watch. He had just enough information to be dangerous and it is a wonder the car turned out as nice as it did. It is not a car that you would want to copy because there were just as many details that were wrong as there were that were right and you wouldn't know which were which. I saw the car in person at Mecum and the workmanship was good . The historical detail was lacking however . The car although very nice would have been a low bronze in a SAAC DIV II concours /MCA trailered venue. FYI a low bronze is still heads and shoulders above the quality of most restored cars built with historical accuracy in mind. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 25, 2019, 12:23:13 PM
I couldn't make it all the way through the presentation. There were so many incorrect facts, jumbled up facts etc. that it made it painful for me to watch. He had just enough information to be dangerous and it is a wonder the car turned out as nice as it did. It is not a car that you would want to copy because there were just as many details that were wrong as there were that were right and you wouldn't know which were which. I saw the car in person at Mecum and the workmanship was good . The historical detail was lacking however . The car although very nice would have been a low bronze in a SAAC DIV II concours /MCA trailered venue. FYI a low bronze is still heads and shoulders above the quality of most restored cars built with historical accuracy in mind. 

They are not "Running Lights" they do operate with the Turn and Brake lights.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

BGlover67

Dam, just went to post the same thing, but see it's all ready up there.  In this guys defense, I hear he does a great David Lee Roth impersonation.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Quote from: BGlover67 on May 25, 2019, 06:28:04 PM
Dam, just went to post the same thing, but see it's all ready up there.  In this guys defense, I hear he does a great David Lee Roth impersonation.
.   Correction ,The gentleman's name is MEATLOAF.......

Richstang

You guys crack me up.

Marty was on the original forum. He may still be a forum member here so be kind...even if he got several points wrong.
I cringed when he spoke of the upper scoop lights, but that was an older myth spoken by some here only a few years back.
I won't mention names.
;)
Those of us who frequent this website have benefitted greatly with the new info discovered and continuously shared.
;D
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

BGlover67

Quote from: Richstang on May 25, 2019, 08:30:21 PM
You guys crack me up.

Marty was on the original forum. He may still be a forum member here so be kind...even if he got several points wrong.
I cringed when he spoke of the upper scoop lights, but that was an older myth spoken by some here only a few years back.
I won't mention names.
;)
Those of us who frequent this website have benefitted greatly with the new info discovered and continuously shared.
;D

Rich, you mean this Marty?

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar