News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Any Interest in a 1969 Shelby GT500?

Started by BGlover67, May 26, 2019, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

You probably saw my other post about the 1970 BOSS 302.  There is one more car in the estate, a 1969 Shelby GT500.  If anyone had any interest in this car, I would consider making a cash offer on the lot and passing the other two cars on.  Might be able to get a really good deal on this car.  That is if there is any interest.  It looks like a pretty nice car.  As with the BOSS, I don't have all of the history yet, but will soon.  Original A/C car in a nice color combination.  The auto trans hurts it though.  Still the blue with yellow stripes sure looks sharp.  It spent most of it's life in Texas before being brought to the Carolinas.

Info from Vin:

9F02R481367. GT500. E70x15 tires. Shipped to Joe Myers Ford, Inc. (Houston, TX) 4/30/69. MSRP $5139.20 (5% carry-over rebate). Warranty service 8/28/69 for wheel lug recall campaign U-01 with 000? miles. Purchased by the original owner John H. Atkins (Houston, TX). Warranty service 10/3/69 for fuel vent recall campaign U-05 with 000? miles; 12/3/69 for horn with 0002.9 miles. Purchased by the William Matthijetz (TX). Previous owner (Houston, TX). Purchased by present owner in 1982.

All comments are welcome, contact me if this is something you'd be interested in owning.

https://imageshack.com/a/Heyo/1

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on May 26, 2019, 01:40:26 PM
You probably saw my other post about the 1970 BOSS 302.  There is one more car in the estate, a 1969 Shelby GT500.  If anyone had any interest in this car, I would consider making a cash offer on the lot and passing the other two cars on.  Might be able to get a really good deal on this car.  That is if there is any interest.  It looks like a pretty nice car.  As with the BOSS, I don't have all of the history yet, but will soon.  Original A/C car in a nice color combination.  The auto trans hurts it though. Still the blue with yellow stripes sure looks sharp.  It spent most of it's life in Texas before being brought to the Carolinas.

Info from Vin:

9F02R481367. GT500. E70x15 tires. Shipped to Joe Myers Ford, Inc. (Houston, TX) 4/30/69. MSRP $5139.20 (5% carry-over rebate). Warranty service 8/28/69 for wheel lug recall campaign U-01 with 000? miles. Purchased by the original owner John H. Atkins (Houston, TX). Warranty service 10/3/69 for fuel vent recall campaign U-05 with 000? miles; 12/3/69 for horn with 0002.9 miles. Purchased by the William Matthijetz (TX). Previous owner (Houston, TX). Purchased by present owner in 1982.

All comments are welcome, contact me if this is something you'd be interested in owning.

https://imageshack.com/a/Heyo/1
Just a slight clarification. The stripe is not yellow but gold . White was not a factory option for that color . They stripe does show up as a little off color gold then typical but maybe that is lighting.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

BGlover67

Just so everyone knows, I'm honestly not looking to make any money off these two cars.  I just want the opportunity to purchase a third car.  But if I make an offer on all three, I need to know what's the minimum price I could get for each, so I can figure what to offer.  Or have them pre-sold before I make an offer.  For this car, the 1969 GT500, I was thinking $75k, but hit me up if you are interested and you think it should be lower.  This whole thing is a long shot and the chances it's going to come through is seeming slimmer by the day.  Thanks for any input.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Brian, this is just my opinion. For a quicker than average sale;

Subtract $12K on the B2. Add $7500 to the GT500.

But I am no expert  ::)

outlawincorporated

BRIAN

email sent on the boss 302 and the 69 Shelby

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.