Author Topic: National convention in Pittsburg  (Read 7815 times)

charlie D

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
National convention in Pittsburg
« on: May 27, 2019, 09:57:24 AM »
Anybody in Maryland going? I am thinking about it, but have not taken a road trip with this car in many, many years. Would be comforting if there were a few of us forming a caravan. Breakdowns are always on the "potential" list.  Let me know.
Charlie D

ricur2

• View Profile
Re: National convention in Pittsburg
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 05:59:48 PM »
i'm going I live in south pa right above Hagerstown md.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:07:00 PM »
I’m coming up from southern Maryland. I70 to Pa Turnpike to hotel 
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 07:47:03 AM »
I am planning to attend and live in Annapolis.  My current plan is to drive the car but may rent a u-hauls trailer if my brother comes with me with a truck.  But would be happy to caravan either way.

You can call or text me to discuss plans if you would like, (410)991-7048.

Corey

charlie D

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 04:49:05 PM »
Good sounds like several are heading up. I plan on leaving Wednesday the 10th and returning Saturday the 13th. Still working on getting a new set of carbs on and tuned. Then it will be test drive time. I will be going up even if the Shelby isn't ready. Corey, I will give you a call to see what we can coordinate since we are close. Do my dates fit anyone else's? Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Charlie D

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 10:00:21 PM »
My plans are from Wednesday to Sunday. It seems like Saturday the day of the car show. This is the first convention for me so not sure how it all works. But driving there Wednesday in a caravan sounds like fun.
Test drive your car to Annapolis cars and coffee on Sunday morning. I would love to meet you there.

charlie D

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 11:34:07 AM »
It was good meeting Cory at cars and coffee Annapolis this past Sunday. If you have not seen his car, it is beautiful! I plan on Wednesday to Saturday, leaving the car show early afternoon to head home. I am not a track person, but would like to do a parade lap when it is available. I am also looking at participating in the other events like the tour to the airport and poker run. I am assuming there will be some of us coming from different parts of Maryland, so maybe we could set a place and time to meet maybe near Hagerstown or Hancock? If someone has a route to Pittsburgh that keeps the PA TPKE to a minimum, that suits me just fine. Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying this event.
Charlie D

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 11:48:45 AM »
It was really great meeting you too Charlie!  The next time hopefully your carbs will be dialed in so I can see your Shelby although your Triumph was very cool.

I am certain that Steve McDonald, yourself and I will meet up to caravan to Pittsburgh. It would be great to have others join us along the way.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 10:27:24 PM »
Will you be at Cars and Coffee anytime soon?  Or Thursdays at Green Turtle?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 07:20:47 AM »
I go to Cars and Coffee every Sunday possible.  I have not made it to a Thursday night Green Turtle yet but plan to.  It looks like weather is not goof for tonight.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
Let’s meet at Annapolis Cars and Coffee this weekend, no Bikes Across America to crowd the area this weekend

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 12:06:04 PM »
I am in.  I cruised my Shelby downtown Saturday night and saw the Race Across America event taking up our parking spots so decided Sunday's cars and coffee would be a nightmare. But this Sunday looks good.  I would plan to get there between 7:30 and 8:00 if you want good parking.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 06:39:18 PM »
Wife and I are leaving on Weds around 9:00 or 10:00 AM to trailer it out to Pittsburgh, we are staying over until Tuesday to go the Walnut Street Car show, great show and it is for charity so that makes it so much better. We are also coming back up on Friday go to the PVGP. I'd drive it but after the all day 4th of July in the car, she isn't willing to put up with no A/C
Any else heading up from Maryland/Delaware/Northern Virginia?

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 07:21:04 AM »
I will be leaving Wednesday morning as well and departing Saturday after the car show.  I will also be trailering my car.  But I have to pick up the trailer in the morning and then load up the car so my guess is I will be heading out between 10:00 and 11:00.  I would rather not leave too early and have to fight the Baltimore Beltway rush hour traffic.

Steve it looks like leaving from the Chesapeake Beach area you will be taking the DC route.  Leaving from Annapolis it makes more sense to take the Baltimore I70 route.

Corey

mpflea

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 08:45:49 AM »
Several Members of SAAC Group of Maryland will be attending!!  be sure to look for the MD flag and SAAC Group MD Banner - we'd love to meet you!!

Many are leaving at different times on Wed - we are leaving from Northern Baltimore Co area around 7am heading towards 70.

Pam Fleagle
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:48:05 AM by mpflea »