News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

C3OE Hipo Heads - Questions

Started by silverton_ford, June 04, 2019, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

I am currently looking at purchasing a set of 1963 289 hipo heads.  They have the C3OE casting with a 3J14 date code on both heads.  One head has a 19 and the other has a 20.

I would like to find a set of 1965 heads due to the larger valves, so I am hesitant at purchasing this 1963 pair.  What cars would the 1963 hipo heads work for?  Fairlanes and Cobras is all I can think of?  With a limited amount of uses, I am afraid they are not very sought after and I may struggle to sell them if I decide not to use them.  Is the date code of this set desirable for any particular car?   3J14 would be 1963 September......early 64 Fairlane?  Will that date work for a concours Cobra?

I appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you.

Cobrabob

Those heads would work for a 1964 model year Cobra. For example CSX 2186 was built by AC on September 30, 1963 and completed by SAI some time after that--those heads would have have been appropriate on that car and '64 Fairlanes.