News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Horns

Started by TXShelbyman, February 15, 2018, 07:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXShelbyman

Can someone tell me if these horns appear to be correct for an A/C car?

Also can someone decode the dates on the horns? Also I seem to remember that the horns are different on A/C cars, is this correct or is old age kicking in...

Thanks guys!
When things go bad just hit the throttle, may not solve the situation but does end the suspense.

Formally watts428

mr68shelby

Look correct to me. The Lo horn mounts on driver side on top of the A/C condenser bracket. I read the dates as January 2, 1968 (8A2) and August 9, 1967 (7H9) The C and F should be shift codes, but I don't remember seeing more than A B or C on parts for the shift code. Not sure about the F. Hope this helps. Mike

Bob Gaines

Quote from: mr68shelby on February 15, 2018, 08:05:55 PM
Look correct to me. The Lo horn mounts on driver side on top of the A/C condenser bracket. I read the dates as January 2, 1968 (8A2) and August 9, 1967 (7H9) The C and F should be shift codes, but I don't remember seeing more than A B or C on parts for the shift code. Not sure about the F. Hope this helps. Mike
+1 .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

OldMil

So, are the horns different for an AC car vs. non-AC...?  If so, what is the difference?  Curious...

shelbydoug

I think they are the same, just relocated because of the a/c condenser mounting. My horns have similar markings and date codes.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68blk500c

Look at the top of the mounting bracket of the RH horn in the picture.  That is an AC horn.

Coralsnake

Horns are different. Bracket orientation changes, because horn opening must always face down

OldMil

In looking at a regular horn, I can see the difference.  The mounting bracket appears 90 degrees to the housing, where the AC horn is at a slight angle.  Thanks, I learned something.  Now, I'll have to go through my box of horns and see what I have :)

68blk500c

Above the mounting hole, at the very top, the bracket tabs curl over 90 degrees.  A non-air bracket does not.