News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT 500 # 147

Started by OldMil, February 13, 2018, 02:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldMil

Does anyone have any information on #147? 

Mongo

#00147 GT500 fastback White, black interior, 4-speed, no tilt, non a/c & hub caps from the factory

OldMil

Thanks for the quick response.  So how is it known that there was no tilt? 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: OldMil on February 13, 2018, 03:07:39 PM
Thanks for the quick response.  So how is it known that there was no tilt?
Because Mongo has all of the factory records . Mongo = keeper of the flame 68-70.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

OldMil

So on an early car (late Nov, 67) that would make sense.  The car also has the "Extra Cooling Package" which should be the 24" radiator, fan shroud, clutch fan from what I can research.  Anything missing from that list?  How about a Power steering cooler?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: OldMil on February 13, 2018, 03:43:53 PM
So on an early car (late Nov, 67) that would make sense.  The car also has the "Extra Cooling Package" which should be the 24" radiator, fan shroud, clutch fan from what I can research.  Anything missing from that list?  How about a Power steering cooler?
Extra Cooling Package was typical through production on 68 Shelby.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mongo

#00147 was built with the same dso as 10 Shelbys and the other 9 built at the same time do not have tilt. Also the invoice for those cars do not show tilt $ being charge for.

OldMil

Thanks for clarifying.  If anyone knows any history on this car, please weigh in. 

Coralsnake

All 68 Shelbys should have the small power steering oil cooler, as installed by Ford

Coralsnake

None of the 68 Shelbys had tilt at the start of production

TLea

Earliest known Ford build date for tilt in 68 Shelby is 12/1/67

KR Convertible

147 was probably built 11/25/67, same day as mine (181).  If I remember correctly, big if, there was around 100 GT500s built that day at Ford.

KR Convertible

I'll dig out my registry in a little while and check.

KR Convertible

Is this a car you own? Are considering buying?  I would love to know some casting dates.