News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 GT350 build date 1-8-69 sale panel emblems

Started by SChatman, November 23, 2021, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

My car has the Cobra emblem and it says COBRA under it but I've seen some that say SHELBY under the Cobra emblem. Is there any rhyme or reason as to which car gets which?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SChatman on November 23, 2021, 08:05:46 PM
My car has the Cobra emblem and it says COBRA under it but I've seen some that say SHELBY under the Cobra emblem. Is there any rhyme or reason as to which car gets which?
After problems with them getting stolen before delivery it became up to the dealer to install. Some snakes were installed with Cobra others with Shelby and some like in my area were installed with just the snake and no name underneath.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 23, 2021, 11:20:19 PM
Quote from: SChatman on November 23, 2021, 08:05:46 PM
After problems with them getting stolen before delivery it became up to the dealer to install. Some snakes were installed with Cobra others with Shelby and some like in my area were installed with just the snake and no name underneath.
#3052 I believe they installed the grill emblem on both sides of the sail panels. I knew of the car sitting in 1978 and the emblems when I bought the car in 1984 were pitted. Sails drilled for the barrel clips. I have never seen another like it and of course cannot document. pic from 1984. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)