News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Does anyone remember Captain Dave from the old Forum?

Started by Bob Gaines, February 13, 2018, 04:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

OK.  Maybe I'm missing something...who is this guy?  There seems to be a common back story that I'd love to hear.

...where's the popcorn emoji when you need it?  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

SFM5S000

I still have a few of the red and white "I'm Not Capt Dave" bumper stickers. I can't remember who sent them to me. I think it was Dan "Cobrask8". I'll post a pic of them next week when I get back home.

Cheers,
~Earl J

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 2112 on February 14, 2018, 09:57:08 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 14, 2018, 09:49:18 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on February 14, 2018, 07:59:34 AM
https://www.facebook.com/david.p.cherniak?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

Enjoy.  ;D
Thanks. Not friends with him but have 38 mutual friends.

He has nearly 5,000 friends, after seeing his Vegas pics, I am surprised it isn't more than 38.
Well that is under my everyday FB page where I have 317 friends. Under my car page where I post only cars-made it  to post some friends cars that don't do FB I have almost a 1000 friends and Capt Dave is one of them.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 14, 2018, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: 2112 on February 14, 2018, 09:57:08 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 14, 2018, 09:49:18 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on February 14, 2018, 07:59:34 AM
https://www.facebook.com/david.p.cherniak?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all

Enjoy.  ;D
Thanks. Not friends with him but have 38 mutual friends.

He has nearly 5,000 friends, after seeing his Vegas pics, I am surprised it isn't more than 38.
Well that is under my everyday FB page where I have 317 friends. Under my car page where I post only cars-made it  to post some friends cars that don't do FB I have almost a 1000 friends and Capt Dave is one of them.  Gary

That's fine. Just don't give him your phone number.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Richstang

I recall him talking about himself when no-one asked.  There was a few of us talking about a GT40 and he interjected out of nowhere. He bragged about who he knew, and what he was up to.
::)

Normally one might be interested, but he was just off putting. I couldn't getaway fast enough.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

shelbydoug

I remember him being marooned in Brazil for a week waiting for a repair on his plane. I don't remember if he posted the picture on the Forum or just sent it to me.

The plane had sucked in this huge bird on take off into the oil cooler in the wing. The legs were sticking out like the legs of the Wicked Witch of the West under the house.

It was like he killed Big Bird.

He said that they had to replace the entire wing and he had to wait for it to get shipped down from the 'States and watch them install it...or maybe it was his boss was making him install it? I forget exactly now?

He blamed me for the Forum turning on him. Probably for the bird too? Jee-se?

With Sullivan they made a movie about it staring Tom Hanks. That one was believable. His story wasn't.  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

The Miata was at the time his GF's. I think he finally married her. I don't know if he blew up the engine?  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

Are we concerned about the Capt. and his desire back then to being the number one in posts?  The battle could return, if he does.  I do like his photography, though. 8)

shelbydoug

Quote from: Don Johnston on February 16, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
Are we concerned about the Capt. and his desire back then to being the number one in posts?  The battle could return, if he does.  I do like his photography, though. 8)

You mean he is going to be welcomed back with open arms? He kept saying "Rick says ownership isn't required". Rick kept saying, "I can't believe you guys are letting him go on and on?"

No one ever told him to get lost. He did that on his own.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

QuickSilverShelby

I can't believe there's a whole thread dedicated to him ???  Why????

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Don Johnston

It's part of the former hysterical record lost to a previous time and server.

Coralsnake

He is a legend.

Just like Shane and a numberof others.....

shelbydoug

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on February 16, 2018, 09:55:19 PM
I can't believe there's a whole thread dedicated to him ???  Why????

QSS

Closure?

It's a funny thing about things like threads, tv stations, radio stations though? If for some reason they displease you, don't read them or more exactly, just change the channel.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!