Author Topic: antena cable  (Read 3276 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
antena cable
« on: June 15, 2019, 12:23:57 AM »
How to correctly route antenna cable through trunk-especially how do you fastened it in trunk lid---thanks

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: antena cable
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »
How to correctly route antenna cable through trunk-especially how do you fastened it in trunk lid---thanks
I assume you are talking if about a 69/70 given your other posts. The antenna lead wire is threaded through the upper inner structure between the trunk area and the back seat. It does not fastened to the trunklid at any point.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »
Thank you

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »

From AOSmith's assembly book

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 12:21:44 AM »
Cable may be routed different between a convertible & a fastback.

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »
This is fastback  [sport roof]---thank you

Dan353

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 02:19:51 PM »
How can I get a copy of the A.O. Smith assembly book

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »

From AOSmith's assembly book

Thanks for posting that drawing. I don't remember seeing that before. I have rarely if ever seen the bottom strap secured the way illustrated in the drawing. It was apparently considered a lot easier to use the preexisting hole at the bottom of the wheelhouse for the purpose of securing the one end because that is how I and others have found the vast majority secured.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:47:15 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 02:35:15 AM »
Thanks for posting that drawing. I don't remember seeing that before. I have rarely if ever seen the bottom strap secured the way illustrated in the drawing...............

+1  Dont' recall ever finding one set up like that on a restored or unrestored car.

johnzajc@gmail.com could you remind us when your car was built or the car number so we can focus closer to when your car was built and the practices at both plants during that time period. Also check your earlier post and I could not find what body type your car is.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:58:00 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »
The problem is the antenna was installed by the ford dealership so they installed it the way they wanted so not all installed the same exact way. I recently looked at a 600 mile 70  leftover unsold shelby that was put in storage (thinking since ford guit making them they MIGHT be worth some $ some day) and the antenna was still laying in the trunk never installed.

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
Hi---M. Speegle, the car was build on June 17 and delivered same day to Shelby Corporate Office and was initialy used as company car ---# 483066