News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Group 22 & 24 Assembly Line Battery

Started by Bossbill, February 13, 2018, 08:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kram350 on March 19, 2019, 03:27:34 PM
OK thanks. I just took for granted as it stated "Assembly Line F-22" and the red cap one as original?
With five on going pages you need to be more specific of the picture and post you are referencing for the most accurate response. For example I assumed that the picture in reply #69 is what you were referencing in your post reply #72 because it is so close to that one . In the first page of the on going 5 pages (reply #4) is a picture of both a original 65-67 assemblyline battery in the yellow caps and a original assemblyline base battery (22F) for a 68-70 in the red caps. The service replacement version battery can be the same size in 68-70 but the sticker in that case on the service replacement would have a punch out dot's to indicate the date it would be put into service for warranty purposes.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kram350

Sorry, yes I was referring to the yellow capped unit as labeled "Assembly Line F-22" as shown in reply#4.  Is it a correct Assembly Line unit, 65-67 with the heat embossed (60 8 07) ?

I was also referring to the red capped one in reply #6, which seems to be the same battery as the yellow capped in reply #4 , but with red caps and lettering highlighted in red with DKS embossed?

What's the difference between these two, yellow and red, just assemble line and service?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kram350 on March 19, 2019, 09:34:38 PM
Sorry, yes I was referring to the yellow capped unit as labeled "Assembly Line F-22" as shown in reply#4.  Is it a correct Assembly Line unit, 65-67 with the heat embossed (60 8 07) ?

I was also referring to the red capped one in reply #6, which seems to be the same battery as the yellow capped in reply #4 , but with red caps and lettering highlighted in red with DKS embossed?

What's the difference between these two, yellow and red, just assemble line and service?
There is a big difference between those two. The yellow cap battery in reply 4 is a 22 F and the red cap battery in reply #6 is a group 24 battery which is dimensionally longer and higher capacity .  There is also a group 24 battery with yellow caps not shown. The cap color difference is to identify the capacity between the same size batteries.  Typically the yellow cap is a base battery for cars with no engine options . The base battery was typically not serviced . The service battery was typically a higher capacity battery. The higher capacity battery is a option or it's use can be automatically triggered by air conditioning or thermactor in a big block.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby