News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

gray

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, June 07, 2019, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Can anyone suggest aditional parts to Mr. Speegles list that need to be painted slop gray  [battery tray--lower front fender bracket--coil spring cover--tower caps---hood latch support bracket--any more]thank you

J_Speegle

You would need to add the shock tower supports since those were not mentioned because that was the subject of that thread ;)

May have forgotten the package tray support if you have a non-fold down car.

There are other parts but those are for Mustang applications and if you go that route in the discussion not all plants (car and suppliers) used slop gray but those don't apply to the discussion here on the SAAC site

There is an article over on CMF in the Library that is 9 pages long with a list, pictures and a formula for a version (just a starting place to tint from) the color if those would help

Its a VW color that I've tinted bluer or greener (or just left as is) for some of my uses for 69-70

69-70 Batch and Floor start 2001 VW  color - Cinza Urano code L17F

M9400ID Volks L17F
Ful-Cryl Acrylic 430-01

HS Black    822.3 430-03
HS White   1194.9 430-24
Quindo Red  1254.0 430-07
Ochre     1304.0 430-37
Phthalo Blue  1324.3 435-94
Acrylic Binder 3796.6
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

johnzajc@gmail.com

Thanks---I it is helpful info, and should be able to comply. Thanks again

Bob Gaines

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on June 07, 2019, 07:57:15 PM
Can anyone suggest aditional parts to Mr. Speegles list that need to be painted slop gray  [battery tray--lower front fender bracket--coil spring cover--tower caps---hood latch support bracket--any more]thank you
If on a convertible then the lower transmission tunnel support plate .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 08, 2019, 12:26:22 AM
If on a convertible then the lower transmission tunnel support plate .

Knew I would miss one from memory :)

Thanks
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on June 07, 2019, 09:49:12 PM

There is an article over on CMF in the Library that is 9 pages long with a list, pictures and a formula for a version (just a starting place to tint from) the color if those would help

Jeff, can you tell me what section I would find that in? Thanks. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Chris Thauberger

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbymann1970

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on June 08, 2019, 09:42:35 AM
I think this is the article Jeff is referring to.

http://concoursmustang.com/speegle/Articles/69/Article-69-70BatchIllustrated%201B.pdf

Chris
Chris your link is concoursmustang,com/speegle/articles.... So I scroll over the links in the index and all are concoursmustang.com/forum/... A LOT of info on the site so where is this info found for other PDFs that Jeff has done? Thanks. Gary
BTW I type in concoursmustang.com/speegle and it gives me a choice of links but i'm sure there is an area on the forum all this links are in?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 09, 2019, 09:03:34 AM
BTW I type in concoursmustang.com/speegle and it gives me a choice of links but i'm sure there is an area on the forum all this links are in?

IF your a member or if join the site there is a Library section with all the articles organized by year and model. Fair amount of items and growing as they get done by members. Other sections of the site members get access to is an area related to assembly plants and plant processes while another is a collection of picture galleries of unrestored cars and related discussions about them.

If you just join it might be a little easier than using a backdoor ;)

Just a thought  ::)

J_Speegle

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on June 09, 2019, 05:49:39 PM
Thanks--I have had joined last year, however unfortunately immediately was not what I was hopping for or perhaps my expectations were not exactly in line with clubs protocol,..............

Not sure what your referring to, we must be talking about two different things. The site with the article being discussed is ConcoursMustang.com and not connected to any club  in fact it was designed not to focus on those things, just on how the cars were originally built and the processes related to that though many of the membership are SAAC and or MCA members. We also promote and support doing as much as possible yourself, if you are so incline, by sharing our successes and even failures of trying new products and practices while building pride in doing these tasks yourself and often cutting some costs in the long run.

There are small subsections for discussion of rules and showing at some of the different clubs but the posting there has been limited. IMHO those discussions (changing rules, problems or issues) should be discussed on the club sites rather than somewhere else so they can be addressed by those organizations and memberships responsible for those issues.

Sorry to hear you had negative outcomes over on the MCA site or any of the Mustang or Shelby related sites for that matter but some sites and members/posters can come across differently as can first timers.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: J_Speegle on June 09, 2019, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 09, 2019, 09:03:34 AM

IF your a member or if join the site there is a Library section with all the articles organized by year and model. Fair amount of items and growing as they get done by members. Other sections of the site members get access to is an area related to assembly plants and plant processes while another is a collection of picture galleries of unrestored cars and related discussions about them.

If you just join it might be a little easier than using a backdoor ;)

Just a thought  ::)
I have been a member since Jan 2015. :). so much info so thanks to pointing me in the right direction(library). Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990