News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 slop grey parts list

Started by jswoody, June 08, 2019, 09:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jswoody

I am getting ready to stage painting my 1967 project and recent posts have peaked my interest on which pieces are actually "slop grey"? 

The current list I have is: 
1.  shock tower caps
2.  shock tower export brace
3.  battery tray
4.  spring coil covers

Any help refining the list is greatly appreciated. 

Coralsnake

I think the other posts related to 1969 Dearborn built cars.

I dont believe 1967 San Jose cars used the slop grey paint to the same extent (if at all)

All plants and years had different painting and assembly procedures

Richstang

No slop gray on '67 Shelby's, which all the base units were built at Ford's San Jose factory.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Richstang on June 08, 2019, 09:47:46 AM
No slop gray on '67 Shelby's, which all the base units were built at Ford's San Jose factory.
+1 .This is a good example to remind all to use care in copying anything/information from another car . Things can be different given a different year or even in the same year but a different time in the production cycle, different model and different plant.It is a GOOD THING that the OP asked the question so we could give the heads up. Many do not and blindly copy.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jswoody

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 08, 2019, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Richstang on June 08, 2019, 09:47:46 AM
+1 .This is a good example to remind all to use care in copying anything/information from another car . Things can be different given a different year or even in the same year but a different time in the production cycle, different model and different plant.It is a GOOD THING that the OP asked the question so we could give the heads up. Many do not and blindly copy.

You are so correct.  Thank you all.  I am very grateful for all of the responses, and use this forums expertise for all of the information I can get.  I am so thankful for setting the record straight on this topic for me.  I owe you all.